four-holy

"you can right all the wrongs just to feel you belong but simply calling out sins don't bring you closer to God."
~PVRIS

Chapter Four-Holy

I woke up feeling groggy and exhausted. I haven't had a good night's sleep in months and it was really starting to take a toll on my health.

The Monday after the group therapy session, I walked into school nervously anticipating what was to come. I expected the whole school to now know me as some psychopath with an eating disorder and various other problems. I was expecting Georgia's group to completely ignore me or harass me but none of that happened. In fact the whole week went by without a hiccup. I didn't see anyone from group therapy around apart from Tom in English but he was pulled out of lessons and didn't show up for most of the week. Was it bad of me to feel relieved that I didn't bump into them? Bumping into them meant talking to them and that would raise a whole lot of questions from everyone. Questions I was not willing to answer.

I attended my second session, with plenty of time to get ready this time, and actually enjoyed it. After the session ended, I swapped phone numbers with Lauren and Lola. We had a lot of things in common and it was easy and fun to be around them since I no longer needed to keep my 'happy act' and be myself. They were super sweet and it was nice not having to be someone else when I was with them. But that didn't mean I could just suddenly ditch my current group to hang out with them. Not at school anyway. They'll understand though. Right?

Before I knew it, it was the start of a new week. Mike had come back from soccer camp late Sunday afternoon and he had called me up saying how excited he was to see me on Monday. As if I didn't have enough to deal with, I now had to put in extra effort in how I looked because Mike couldn't have an ugly girlfriend. A guy like Mike was to date a beautiful girl, someone like Georgia or Taylor, but he chose someone like me so I needed to work hard to fill that role.

After a good hour I was ready and was somewhat satisfied with how I looked. I didn't have time to do anything more anyway. I walked to my usual bus stop where there was a bus that dropped me off a few minutes away from the school. My house was a walkable distance to school but I started taking the bus because my anxiety kept me up most of the nights and the exhaustion would've killed me if I walked to school.

Once I arrived at school, I walked over to the table where Georgia's group sat in the mornings. Mike caught sight of me and ran up to me scooping me up in his arms abandoning his friends.

"Katie, I missed you so damn much." He mumbled into my hair.

I laughed, "I missed you too, Mikey."

"Quit the PDA. I'm going to lose my breakfast." Taylor said rolling her eyes.

Liela laughed innocently, "Oh Taylor. I don't think you should be eating breakfast when you look like... that." She said giving her a sweet smile. I just stood there, still stunned at what she this sweet looking girl was capable of doing. Taylor just shot her a glare though.

Mike coughed, "Right, I think that's my cue to leave." He attempted to crack a joke. When no one but Taylor and I slightly giggled he continued, "See you ladies at lunch." He gave me a quick kiss on the cheek and ran off to join his friends again.

Georgia rolled her eyes and inspected her perfectly manicured nails, "Dipshit."

"A hot dipshit." Taylor sighed dreamily but snapped out of it when she noticed all of us staring at her. Oh well, I should be used to things like this now. I would give up Mike to Taylor if it meant staying in this group.