fifteen-bulletproof love

"this isn't fair, don't you try to blame this on me. my love for you was bulletproof but you're the one who shot me."
~Pierce the Veil

Chapter Fifteen- Bulletproof Love

When Tom and I got off the bus and walked to my place, we were met by three very confused and angry looking friends of ours all sitting on my porch. Well then...

"You two!" Lauren exclaimed making the neighbour's dog bark. "Maybe you would like to tell us what's going on?"

Lola's eyes widened to the size of saucers as she stared at our intertwined fingers, "And you're doing that thing again!" She said referring to us holding hands. "Are you two dating?!"

Hunter's head snapped to stare at me and his eyes locked with mine. I suddenly felt very uncomfortable and I felt a very strong urge to snatch my hand away from Tom's. Because Hunter looked like he was about to rearrange Tom's face. Or mine. This was not good.

Tom thankfully let go of my hand, "Look guys, it's really not that big of a deal." He tried to explain. "And I'm sorry you had to find out that way but... I like Katie."

I heard Laurena and Lola squeal excitedly as his words. I guess they were just mad that I didn't tell them before. Hunter on the other hand though...

He shifted his piercing gaze from me to Tom, "You mean you like her as more than a friend?" He asked, his voice unnaturally calm. It was starting to freak me out. He could snap at any moment now.

"Yes..." Tom answered him cautiously. "That's okay with you, right?"

Hunter stood up and punched a tree that was in my front yard. Oh no my poor tree.

"I can't fucking believe this!" He shouted angrily. "You're moving onto my best friend now are you Katie?"

Tom took a step towards him, "Hunter calm-"

"And you. You're obviously trying to take advantage of her when she's hurt. Just because you can't get any girls." He spat.

His words touched a nerve in me as I marched over to him, "Cut it out Hunter! I'm sick of you snapping at everyone." I cried. "First me and now your best friend! Who's next? Lauren? Lola?"

Hunter's face softened slightly, "Katie-"

"No, save it Hunter. I'm sick of you throwing tantrums all the time." I snapped, cutting him off. "And for your information, Tom isn't taking advantage of me. I don't even know why you're getting pissed off. You're the one who didn't want me."

Silence filled the air as I took one last glance at Hunter and walked into the house, slamming the door shut and leaving everyone else frozen to their spots.

+++

I couldn't sleep a wink last night because I felt so fustrated and it drove me nuts. I still felt this attraction to Hunter while I felt fondness for Tom. And on top of that Hunter was benign a difficult pain in the goddamn ass. While I wanted to pull out the hair on his head one by one and make him cry like a baby, I also couldn't deny that I wanted nothing more than for me to hold me tight.

I groaned getting extremely fustrated more and more by the second as I got out of bed and stomped downstairs to make myself a cup of coffee.

After I drowned two mugs of caffeine, I made my way to school. I decided to walk today since I was in no mood to talk with anyone. Yes, I was pissed off at Hunter but that made me pissed off at everyone else as well. I silently apologised to the others as I avoided our meeting spot and went straight to my locker. I sat down in front of it and wallowed in my own self pity, in the middle of the abandoned hallway.