Chapter Three~ First Day of School

TAYLORS POV

"Hey Taylor. Today it will just be me and you cause my mom is at work." Austin said when I came downstairs. I was wearing shorts and a t-shirt and my hair was in a pony tail.

"What do you want to do today?" He asked as I sat down across from him. I shook my head and smiled a bit. "Uh... what's today?" I asked really quite. "Hey your talking!" He said with a huge smile, "Anyways today is Sunday. We have to go to school tomorrow." He said with a frown. For some reason I didn't feel nervous around him. He wasn't like most boys who only try to be cool, he was actually really nice. So I don't think I have to worry about him doing any of the things that Jake did...

"Want to go out to lunch?" Austin said after a long pause. I nodded my head and he smiled. "Okay just let me go get ready and we'll leave!"

I waited for him in the living room. I looked around and saw pictures of him and his mom. I wonder what happened to his dad...

"Ready?" I turned to find Austin looking at me, his voice snapping me out of my thoughts. I nodded and smiled and we got in Austin's car. He turned on the radio and was singing along to the song that was on. I don't know what song it was but as he sang I listened closely. He had an amazing voice and my mind was lost while listening to it. He hit every note perfectly!

"You are an amazing singer." I said when the song was over. "Thanks, I have a you tube channel where I do covers. I have some fans but not that many. Someday though, I want to be a singer." He stated proudly, I nodded and we pulled into the parking lot to McDonalds.

After we ordered we sat down with our food at a booth across from each other. "Hey Taylor... what is that scar from?" He asked, my heart rate increased and I suddenly got very nervous. "You don't have to tell me.... I guess." He said sensing that I was nervous. "I will tell you when I am ready, if I ever am ready." I whispered the last part and he gave me a confused look. I brushed it off and ate my food.

"Are you excited for school tomorrow?" Austin asked. "I guess..." I replied and went to go throw my trash away. Austin told me about the people at school and what the teachers were like. After that we went home and I spent most of the time in my room being bored. Austin was in his room and we were just pretty much doing our own thing.

~NEXT DAY

"Taylor get up sweetie its your first day of school!" Michele said knocking on my door. I groaned and went to the bathroom. I took a bath and brushed my teeth and then I combed my hair. I wore black skinny jeans and a yellow t-shirt with blue converse.

I walked downstairs to the kitchen where Michele and Austin were eating breakfast. I grabbed some bacon and sat at the table. "Taylor we already have you all the school supplies in your backpack." Michele said with a huge smile.

"When is your birthday?" Austin asked randomly. "July fourth." I said and gave him an odd look.

"Well I will drive you and Austin today." We nodded and then left for school. I sat in the back of the car while Austin and Michele were up front.

"Bye kids!" She said and I followed Austin to get out of the car. The high school looked really boring. It was a plain brick building.

Austin and I walked through the double doors inside. A bunch of people were talking to him and giving him high fives. I followed behind, I probably looked like a lost puppy.

"Lets go to the office and get your classes." He said and I nodded. We walked a bit farther into the school to the office.

"I really got to go but the principal will get you settled." Austin said, I tried to tell him not to go but he ran down the empty halls.