Chapter 10

Alisa yawned as she opened her eyes. She could hear talking and strained her ears to listen. Still not making out the words, she tried used her magic but nothing happened. Her brows furrowed as the voices got louder so she could now hear them.

"She's been asleep for three days now! Her magic is getting out of whack! I'm calling Alphys kid." She heard Sans say. They were outside her door. Three days? That's impossible. The last thing she remembers is telling them about her magic and then falling asleep in Sans arms soon after breaking down and crying in relief and slight fear of them still rejecting her.

"Sans! Sis is really serious about others not knowing about her magic! Give it one more day at least!" Frisk yelled. Alisa decided to go see what was going on.

"Fine kid. But if she's not up by tomorrow morning, I'm getting Alphys here." Sans said. Alisa stood up, intent on going out to see what's wrong, only to fall to the floor as her legs gave out on her.

The door opened and Sans and Frisk ran in. Sans picked her up and sat her on the bed as they both freaked out over her. "Alisa! Are you okay?" Sans asked worryingly, not even using her nickname. It must be serious.

"Fine. Just kinda sleepy and thirsty. My legs also feel like jello. What happened?" Alisa asked, confused. She had no idea why they were so worried.

"Sis, you've been out for three days and your magic has been acting up. Sans had to come help me when you started thrashing in your sleep. Though, once he touched you, you stopped moments after." Frisk explained. Alisa's eyes widen. No... That meant one thing.

"Sans. You know that book I'm always reading? That's really worn out and has the leather cover?" She asked. He nodded and teleported downstairs before back up again with the book in hand. He handed Alisa her book as she started frantically going through it.

"What day is today?" Alisa asked. Frisk tilted her head in confusion.

"December 13th. Sis what's going on?" Frisk questioned as Alisa stopped at a page.

"Something I've been researching recently. Listen to this. When a magician comes to age, they're magic will act up. Often times, they will not survive. It he process starts in their sleep a week before their 19th birthday. It can last anywhere between a day and a month, depending on them. The process includes them often thrashing in their sleep, screaming, and even their magic going out of control. This is what the magician will do while trying to fight the beast that are trying to take their magic and kill them." She read. Sans and Frisk looked at her in shock as Alisa smacked her forehead at her stupidness.

"I totally forgot that my birthday is the 17th! I went through two months of worrying about it to forgetting about it the day it happens! I'm such an idiot!" She yelled at herself. Sans laughed and reread the page.

"Well, you had been crying your eyes out in my arms that day. No wonder you forgot." He teased her. Her cheeks went bright red and she yelped and hid under her blanket, making him laugh more and even Frisk giggle some.

"But what about when Sans touched you? You calmed down almost instantly sis." Frisk told her and Alisa came out of her blanket hideaway and thought for a moment.

"I don't know. It may have been his magic reacting with mine. It may be due to the fact that he's a monster. I'll have to look at it. Now, can I get something to drink. I won't have magic for a full day at least because I expelled so much and am now having a magic shortage. I feel so light it ridiculous." Alisa groaned the last part and her stomach rumbled in agreement, making them all laugh.

"Get dressed Liz and we can go to Grillby's." He told her as he stood up. She nodded and went to stand, only to fall on her butt.

"Ow! I hate not having much magic. A feel like I'm a feather!" She groaned in frustration as Frisk helped her up. Sans laughed.

"How about I go get take out then? You seem to be falling to hard for me to even get up." He joked. She glared at him before huffing and sitting on her legs.

"Fine. But hurry up with my fries! I'm starving!" She told him and he laughed and nodded. Sans teleported away as Alisa leaned back against her bed.

Frisk had gotten Alisa downstairs on the couch by the time Sans got back. He took out a to-go box with fries from a bag and handed it to the immobile girl.

"Grillby said he'd come over later with food. Everyone in town was worried about you while you were dead asleep." He told her as she ate a fry and almost sighed at the taste. Missing so much magic made her really hungry.

"Now I feel bad. Frisk can you get me a glass of water from the kitchen?" She asked. Frisk nodded and ran off to the kitchen.

"Yeah and everyone now knows about your magic. It was flaring so much that you could feel it from town. It didn't hurt anyone though before you ask." Alisa sighed in relief at his words.

"Good. I don't want to hurt anyone because of me." She told him as Frisk handed her a glass of water. Alisa took it and drank about half the glass in one go.

"Yeah, your magic felt... Nice. Kind of like a blanket Sis." Frisk told her and Sans nodded in agreement. Alisa smiled and opened her book to look back at why Sans touch calmed her. It was weird.

"Hmm. The only thing that could be related to that would be... Wait. It couldn't be though, right?" She said to herself. Sans looked at the book over her shoulder as she flipped to a page. It was titled Mates.

"What is it? It seems to rattle your bones." He asked as he read the page some. Alisa seemed to freeze.

"Well, I know why your touch calmed me. Wanna hear?" He nodded in response as Alisa read the page.

"Some magicians have been found to have, what most would call, soul mates. The other half can do extraordinary things towards a magician. Both of their magic powers will increase, the two can easily comfort each other in times of distress, they can even merge their magic together. Now, the magician's mate may not always be human, as some rare cases have been seen as a magician having a monster as a mate. Mates will feel a slight pull towards each other. Against what many think however, it does not cause them to have feeling towards each other, that happens on its own. To know one is your mate, you will first find the pull. Another way is having each others souls come out. If the souls are tinted the color of the opposite soul, that is a clear sign of being mates." Alisa finished before looking at Sans in the corner of her eye. He had an unreadable expression. His eye sockets had gone black and his smile seemed force.

"S-sans? A-are you okay?" She asked nervously as Frisk seemed concerned as well. The lights in Sans' eyes returned as he looked at them.

"Do you wanna see then?" He asked. Alisa looked dumbfounded. He was okay with the idea?

"Are you sure?" She asked him nervously. He nodded and grinned widely.

"Well, if we are then I guess I have no reason to leave you abone again huh?" He joked and Alisa smiled.

"Okay then. Let's do it tomorrow when I can actually stand hopefully okay?" She answered and he nodded. The rest of the day was filled with puns and eating Grillby's.

_end of chapter_

Pika: Sooooooo The possibility of the two being mates is real! Lol, I probably scared a few of chu at the beginning of the chapter, sorry. Chow for now my lovely Pika Pals! Stay Shocking! Pika!