Yuna wanted to defend herself, but she was speechless.

"When will you finally see, that I'm on your side?", asked Yoshiro.

"I do see that. But ... I don't know."

"Yuna, I swore to myself that I will protect you at all costs. I don't want to lose you too."

The girl looked at her "uncle" sadly. "It hurts you so much more, that they're all dead, than me, right?"

"Don't say that."

"You're so much more human than I. I'm the monster here, not you."

"Yuna ..."

She wanted to cry. She wanted it so bad, but it just was not possible. She wanted to feel sad. She wanted to feel anything. She wanted to feel like a human being.

"Please ... go now." Yoshiro did not move. They looked at each other in silence. Yuna turned her gaze to the ground. "Do you think I like what I've become? That I'm such a fucking freak?", she murmured softly.

"You will learn how to control it."

"I DON'T KNOW HOW!"

"Take your time. These things don't happen overnight."

"Why are you so unbearabley nice to me?"

"You're my family. My little mangaka."

Yuna snorted.

Her mentor walked slowly towards her. Then he wrapped his arms around her and pulled her close. Her head was leaning on his shoulder. His breath blew through her blue hair. "We only have each other.", he explained.

She feared that the Oni was going to cry, but then he probably was to hard for that. The girl cuddled up to her mentor. In his embrace she felt safe. He would give his life for her. How could she ever kill him? He was the only friend she had anymore.

"Thank you.", she whispered, barely audible.

Yoshiro nodded. The blue-haired felt calm. Safe. She felt the warmth of his body. The tingling of the warm air that blew over her head.

Then her hand started to ache. She winced. Her facial injuries also began to hurt. She groaned.

"Are you all right?", asked Yoshiro concerned.

"Yes. It just hurts."

The Oni let the girl go. "Lay down. I'll get you some supplies.", Yoshiro decided.

"No. You have to take care of the other Oni. I don't want more people to die because of me."

He shook his head. "It's not your fault."

"Please. Go and kill the Oni. Wataru will take care of me."

"Who is Wataru?"

"One of my roommates."

"Can you trust him?"

"Don't worry. Ayumi is there too."

"Do you know everyone who lives here by now?"

"Yes. Well ... Nakamura-san is a bit strange, but I've only seen him once."

Yoshiro pondered. "Okay. I'll come visit, once I'm done with the Oni."

"Okay."

"Get some rest."

"I will." Yoshiro turned around to walk away. "Yoshiro?"

He peered over his shoulder. "Yes?"

"I'm really very grateful to you. For everything. I know, I can be difficult. Thank you for your patience."

"It's nothing."

"No. This is not self-evident. I know that."

"Don't be so melodramatic."

Yuna smiled. "Don't act so cold and hard. You don't have to play the big, bad Oni for me."

"I'm always a big, bad Oni."

"Good. See you around, uncle."

"Get some sleep."

Then Yoshiro left her room. Yuna began to pull her shirt over her head. That was not so easy with only one hand.