Chapter 1

"Fern! Get up!" A voice shouted in my ear. I jumped up not without slamming my foot into my waker. I opened my eyes, when theu focused on my waker I noticed who it was. "Daniel!! You should know to never wake me up!!" I hissed helping him back into his feet. "Jesse wanted you and it was my turn to wake you, so I had to wake you someway." He said rubbing his cheek where I must have hit him, and there was a large bruise already forming on it. "Whatever, now get out so I can change!" I commanded and he rushed out.
I sighed walking into my bathroom reaching my hands to my toes. I touched the floor then slowly brought my hands above my head making my sleep wear change into a new outfit. My hair was let loose against my back and my eyes still looked the same. (Picture of outfit above)
I grabbed my sword and ran out the cabin to see Leaf Storm ready with her saddle on. I put my sword in its holder and climbed in the saddle. Grabbing the reins and whipping them, Leaf Storm jetted into the sky and towords Jesse's castle.
I ran in the building and to the castle and to the meeting room. When I reached it I clamed my senses and walked in as if I wasn't just running. Jesse looked over to me and smiled, getting up from his thrown and walking to me. "Nice of you to join us" he said giving me a quick pack on the lips. I smiled before looking past him to a little girl standing awkwardly in the room. She looked up to me and my body froze. "H....hi...... Fe.....rn" she stuttered looking at me and lowering her head to me in a respectful way. Jesse looked between me and her confused before looking at me with curious eyes. "Jesse can I have a moment alone with her?" I asked with pleading eyes. He frowned before nodding and walking out the room.
Once we was gone I ran to the little girls side and bent down on my knees to get face. I needed to prove my suspensions so I moved her hair behind her ear and gasped. "How?" I asked with trembeling hands. "I survived the war, my parents and I moved far from the others so we wouldn't get caught." She exsplained stepping back. I looked to her face and smiled. "Where are your parents?" I asked trying to change the subject. She looked at me with tears in her eyes, wrong move. "They....... were taken..... by...... hunters." She cryed leaning her head on my shoulder. I let her cry a little while processing the words.
I then pulled her from my shoulder and wiped away her tears with my tumbs. "Lisen to me, I will get the men who took your parents, I promise, but right now we need to talk to Jesse. He isn't like me and you but he knows of our kind and we can trust him. I promise nothing will happen to you as long as I live." I promised and she nodded in agreement.
"How did you find me?" I asked. "I followed the light" she anwsered.