I sat down right next to him, probably smiling like a loon. He glanced over and immediately started blushing. Awe! 

His eyelashes were so long and made him look so pretty. 

Man I am so lucky!

"Hi," I said quietly.

He looked stunned at me for a moment before smiling adorably back at his desk again.

Score! Who is on a roll? This awesomeness. That's right dad, I've finally found my mate which I know would make you proud!

(Riley's POV)

Oh my God, oh my God. Did he sort of  stand up for me? What do I do!? Don't panic, act natural!

"H-Hi," I whispered. His smile grew making my heart flutter. I caused that, me! 

"I will have no more talking!" Mrs. Periwinkle pretty much shouted since everyone was chatting excitedly about us. Tee hee. I think I gave myself goosebumps. I looked back down at my desk, even if I wanted to stare at the man candy next to me, I loathed being reprimanded. 

James seemed to notice this because when I glanced over he started scribbling on a piece of paper. When did he get that out? I glanced to the board for a second, and when I looked back down to grab paper out of my backpack, the note was on my desk.

Okay Mr. Ninja, how the heck did you do that? I glanced over to him, and he didn't really seem to be paying attention to the board in front of him but whatever. I opened the note hoping it wasn't filled with spite or hate.

What's your schedule?

I pulled out my schedule and handed it to him and the piece of paper again, trying to be stealthy. I glanced for a moment at the board again and then the piece of paper was on my desk. That's freaky.

We have this class, lunch, and free period together!

Free period was the last class I had for the day so instead of leaving by 3:15pm I could leave by 2:00pm! Which was good for me since it means I can have the chance to hide when I get home. I mean do my homework! After I say goodbye to Eric of course.

Are you sure you want to hang out with me?  It's not like what they said wasn't true... Riley wrote on the paper. The guy seemed nice but if he wanted friends the man shouldn't hang out with him.

You seem to act a lot more mature and intelligent than these jerks. Trust me, I've been around a lot of people like these. I'm sure you're wonderful, beautiful. James wrote back.

Gosh, this guy was a flirt. I could feel my cheeks warm again with a blush. I looked down at my desk in worry. What should I do? Was it a trick? Was he just playing with me? I'm definitely sure this guy has been with other people but why would he choose a nobody like me? I could feel my hands sweating with unease and I bit my lip in frustration. Could this be my chance at having another friend? My heart is beating a mile a minute and I seriously think I'm going to have a panic attack (plus I'm pretty sure I'm overthinking my life right now).

In fact I think I started hyper ventilating for a second because I suddenly felt a hand squeeze mine and his hand was so cold! It was almost like little sparks on my hand when he touched it. I gasped softly looking at him in surprise. 

He gave me a concerned look considering I probably looked like I was about to pass out. Stupid panic attacks. 

"I promise I won't hurt you," He whispered softly. My head spun and my heart gave a tight squeeze in my chest. His eyes were drowning me. They held hope, fear, and something I couldn't name. Was I in the Twilight Zone for a second? I blinked. Nope, everything was like how it usually is.

This was freaking terrifying! It's like he could see what I was thinking, what I was scared of. I wasn't scared of him at all. I felt safe. Maybe like I was wanted? It was so... weird. But what made my heart nearly stop was the fear that he'd leave me once he got to know me. How much of a loser, loner, and ugly disappointment I am. How different I am. Why do I care if he leaves me? I don't even know him!

"Okay," I whispered with a shrug. This man is making me feel things I haven't felt in a long time.

Dad you need to come down here and rescue me from this hypnosis.

><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

And the cuteness has only just begun! Romance is blooming :P  Comment below if you like it so far!