Intro

"Stop don't touch me Derrell! Stop let me go!" She said squirming out his reach.

"No your gonna listen to me right now" his strong hold was too powerful for her small body.

"Please not while the kids are sleeping." She begged.

"They can't hear us, I'm trying to talk to you but you won't hear me out mamacita." His warm alcohol breath circulated on her ears.

"I don't like you like this, c'mon you were not even like this earlier, why have you been drinking so much? Why? Can you tell me that?" She was still pressed against the bathroom door.

"I don't have to explain a single thing to you...just know that we have money coming in and we're gonna get that beach house in Malibu that we always wanted and we going to Paris next Summer." He licked her neck.

Thalia Ganders was the wife of the well-known car dealer, Derrell Ganders. It may not seem like much but it sure did help them pay bills. Thalia, on the other hand stayed at home to watch and care for her two children, Jaeger who is 12 years old, and Kiandra, 10 years old.

Thalia met Derrell through college when she worked at a café on campus. The day they met, Derrell had been coming back from a 4 o' clock class and he decided he go to the café to finish some documents and sip on some coffee. To his surprise, he was greeted by a beautiful barista who stood out from everyone in the shop. He hesitated in flirting with her because it was his first time ever seeing her on campus. He thought she must of been new or maybe he didn't come to this café often to see her.

Flashback
Derrell adjusted the mini-duffel bag on his shoulder that contained his books and notebooks. He took a deep breath and approached the line at the register. There were about two people ahead of him so in the mean time he thought about what he'd say to this goregous woman.

Her skin was a caramel tone, she stood about 5'2, she had very defined cheekbones and had wavy black hair. He could hear her tiny accent peaking through her words as she spoke to the customer ahead of him.

It was now his turn to order. He walked up to counter and flashed a smile at the girl and she smiled before speaking.

"Hello sir, what can I get for you today?"

"Hi beautiful...can I get uh--"

Her laughter and contagious smile distracted him.

"What?"

"Nothing sir, continue...I'm just a lil' goofy."

"It's okay, I'm goofy too but you don't have to call me sir... you can just call me D-Rell."

"Ooh D-Rell? I like it. Now what is it that you wanted?"

"Wait, you didn't give me your name?"

She pointed to her forest green name tag that read 'Thalia' in white letters.

"Oops, I'm sorry Tha-ah-lia." He said trying to pronounce it.

"It's actually Tha-lia. Where did you get the extra 'ah' from?" She giggled and soon after they hit it off.

Let's just say D-Rell didn't leave with coffee in his hands but a bad chick that he was into. He waited for her shift to be over which was at 8 to take her on a movie date at his apartment near campus. Basically "Netflix and Chill" except it was back then so maybe "Blockbuster and Chill".

End of Flashback

Derrell was stressed out and Thalia knew it. He had been working terribly long nights doing God knows what. She felt like he did more than selling cars but she never asked. Usually he was handling his shit but lately he has been staying up, drinking in his office, and at night he would talk to himself with several bottles lined up on the windows.

"I don't want all this. I just want us and the kids to be happy, we want you home. The kids love you. You don't have to buy all these things to impress us. We aren't a materialistic family. We live in a safe neighborhood and the kids are doing excellent in school!" Thalia got enough courage to remove her self from the corner he trapped her in.

He sighed and broke down crying like he'd experience something traumatic just now. Thalia turned around as she was about to leave and decided to console him. She grabbed his hand and opened the door that revealed their large bedroom. Thalia motioned for him to sit on the bed as she stroked his black hair.

"Baby listen..."

"Yea." His words were barely audible.

"You know I love you with every breath I breathe right?" She looked into his eyes, making him grip her hands tighter.

"Yes."

"Well remember that you don't need to buy me everything in life to satisfy me, I'm not a little girl, all you gotta do is be loyal to us, and love me. And you wanna know something? If money is the problem, you know I can get a job...it's no problem. I just thought you wanted me to take care of the kids, but since they older now, I can get one."

"No, I don't want you to work for the bills, but if you want to work just to work then fine. But please let me take care of you and my kids. Y'all are my first priority."

She sighed and nodded. After this agreement with her husband, she knew it'd never happen again.