intro

{ jane hollister }

At this time of the day, when the sun sets, people are getting off work and heading home for a good night rest, I find myself strolling through the many closed retail shops of Seventh Street just to kill some time. Well, I was going to grab some coffee at first, until I notice there was a new shop at the very last outlet of the street. Even seeing from meters away, it has the brightest lights and it caught my attention.

Curiosity got the better of me as after all, Seventh Street is one of the most oldest lanes in this neighborhood and only the older residents would walk along this deserted street. No one ever buys anything down here, other than tourists looking for a good place to take candid pictures. So why would anyone want to open a fashion outlet in this shabby place?

Upon reaching the shop, I take a closer look. Unique, elegant interior designs could be seen through the glass door, perhaps to attract the young customers passing by. Oh, how silly... Everyone else's too busy going home to even spare a look this way.

What a way to remind myself of how much free time I have.

I glance around again, my eyes skimming through the display behind the glass at the front of the store.

There are two mannequins placed under another set of small ceiling lights, and the only thing that separates us is a dusty old glass panel. Definitely not touched and cleaned in ages.

The two mannequins have rather plain clothes; one mannequin with eyes still not painted, wearing a faded blue ripped sweater and jeans- The other one who seemed too real to be a mannequin, holding out a guitar and wearing a plain old-fashioned black suit.

Nothing screams products of the latest fashion trend, and the mannequins look a little off, to me, to be positioned there.

Maybe it's the business in me talking.

I was about to turn away but-

The thing is... I could have sworn the mannequin with the guitar just blinked at me.

a jungkook fan fiction

a/n: It is 6 november 2020, 01:51am.

i'm so glad that many of you are still able to find this work of mine, a fanfic i've published years ago.  i truly appreciate everyone of you who gave this fic a chance. stay stay and healthy in this pandemic, loves.