Chapter 29

Chapter 29 (Maddie's POV)

The next morning I woke up with dried tear marks on my face. This incident hit me really hard. I know I'm not taking it easily, but I've never been cheated on before. I got out of bed and went to the bathroom to brush my teeth and wash my face. I exited the room and began walking down the stairs, but soon stopped in my tracks. Niall stood at the bottom, looking up at me. I knew exactly what he was going to do. 

I quickly turned around in panic and sprinted upstairs. By the sounds behind me, I knew that Niall was hot on my heels. I gasped as an arm wrapped around my torso, jolting be backwards. I screamed in protest as he picked me up and carried me into his room. I was set down on his bed and he quickly closed his bedroom door so I couldn't make a run for it. 

"Listen to me Maddie. I didn't cheat on you! I'll tell you exactly what happened," Niall began. "I walked to the bar to get us water when some girl named Chloe pulled me towards the bathroom. Then she just kissed me! That's when you saw us."

Niall's explanation was cut off by the bedroom door opening. Bree walked in saying,

"Is Maddie in here?"

"Bree!" I yelled, jumping up and running towards her. 

She looked confused, but her emotions changed to anger when she saw Niall. 

"C'mon Maddie," She said through gritted teeth. 

Bree took me out of Niall's room.

(Niall's POV)

I needed to breath. No one believed me. Why would I cheat on the girl that I love? 

I stepped down to the beach. I watched the waves crash up on the shore. I sighed in frustration. Suddenly a deep chuckle sounded from behind me. I turned to see Harry.

"What do you want?" I barked.

He ignored my comment and said, "Is Maddie mad at you?"

"Yeah," I answered. "She thinks I cheated on her."

Harry looked down to his feet. 

"Oh I know you didn't," he said.

"Thanks you! Wait, why?" I asked, confused.

"Because I set the whole thing up," he smiled.

"What?!" I yelled. 

"I paid Chloe to kiss you so Maddie would be heartbroken and like me," Harry said proudly.

I couldn't believe what I was hearing. He was the cause of Maddie ignoring me, and losing the girl I love so, so much. I angrily walked up to him and fisted his shirt in my hand.

"I swear to God I'll-" 

"Niall!"

I was cut off by a girls voice yelling my name.

(Maddie's POV)

I had been hiding behind one of the lifeguard stands, listening to Harry and Niall's conversation. I was so shocked at what I was hearing. Niall was telling the truth the whole time. I felt so guilty that I didn't listen to him. 

I watched Niall fist Harry's shirt in anger. I acted quickly before it got ugly.

"Niall!" 

I stood up from my hiding spot. He let go of the shirt and both turned to me. I ran up to Niall as fast as I could. I jumped up, wrapping my legs around his waist. He looked surprised, but held my legs for support. 

"You were right. I'm so sorry," I breathed, then immediately crashed my lips against his. 

I held his cheeks, deepening the kiss. In the moment, I didn't even care that Harry was watching us angrily. All I cared about was the blond guy who stole my heart. Niall slipped his tongue in my mouth, invading me. Our lips moved together perfectly. Niall pulled away, breathing heavily.

"Will you take me back?" He asked, pressing his forehead to mine. 

"Of course," I smiled as Niall kissed me again. 

Soon, I hopped off of him amd he turned to Harry. 

"Sorry mate," Niall teased, taking my hand as we ran up the path to the house, laughing and stealing more kisses.