Suzie's Crush

I woke up the next morning and yawned. I layed in bed a couple more minutes before getting the guts to get up from my warm, comfy bed. I dragged myself to my closet pulling out some sweats and a t-shirt. I grabbed my sweatshirt in case I got cold.

Now I know that it's only September, but it was starting to get chilly. And it's only going to get colder. But I prefer the cold from the heat. Because if your cold you just pile clothes on you until you're warm. But if you're hot, there's only so much clothes you can take off.

I quickly got dressed and headed downstairs where everyone seemed to be having breakfast.

"Glad you can join us," Dad said.

I shrugged and yawned, "I like to sleep in."

I sat down beside Suzie and Lilly. Grabbing a plate, I placed some scrambled eggs and a sausage.

"Dad can I borrow the car today?" I asked.

Dad sighed and started to think, "From what times?"

"About three to seven or eight. Around there," I said.

"Uhhh...yes you can," dad said.

"Where are you going?" Lilly asked.

The guys looked up from their plates to me.

"Me and Mark were heading to the arcade," I replied.

Shawn smirked, Blake shook his head, and Cole chuckled. I rolled my eyes at their reactions.

"Tori can I go!? Please?" Suzie said giving me her puppy dog eyes.

I smiled, "I'll call Mark and see if he can bring Conlan."

Suzie eye's widened in excitement, "Yes! I love Conlan! He's awesome."

Suzie looked down at her food with a smile. I glanced over at the guy's and they smiled looking at Suzie.

"Sounds like you have a cr-" Blake started.

I threw I sausage at him and signaled him to shut up. He rolled his eyes at me.

"What?" Suzie asked totally out of it.

"Nothing," Blake muttered.

Dad chuckled and Lilly smiled.

"Can you call now?" Suzie asked.

"Can I finish my eggs?" I asked back.

"No," she said stubbornly.

I sighed pulling out my phone and handing it to her. She walked to the living room and sat at the couch, we all watched her as she dialed and put the phone up to her ear.

"Hey Mark," she said happily, "It's Suzie."

There was talking on the other line. And then Suzie spoke up.

"So Mark I was wondering if I could go to the arcade too. Maybe Conlan will want to come?" She asked.

We heard a chuckle from the other line. Then a yell and Suzie pulled the phone away from her ear.

She laughed, "Yeah I heard him. Can I talk with him?"

Suzie got up and left the living room heading up the stairs.

"Hey Conlan," she said as we heard her close her bedroom door.

"Wait Suzie what'd he say?" I called after her, "Can I have my phone back?!"

No answer.

"Aw forget it," I muttered eating my sausage.

"So who's Conlan?" Cole asked.