Sparkling Lights Part 1

Tori's POV

It had been really cute watching Em and Shawn on Agga. I don't know exactly how Shawn asked her to Prom but it was obvious Em had said yes. So after they had taken a lap around the football field Shawn had gotten off the horse, stripped off his armor leaving him in a regular T-Shirt and jeans, and he rode Agga around the football field. He and Em would take turns making the poor horse trot from one side to the other. Or they would feed him sugar cubes that Shawn had bought.

When the bell rang to get back to class we all headed up the steps. Shawn told us he wouldn't be able to show up to class. He would be meeting up for us at the end of the day when we're all ready to head to the hotel for the soccer match. Shawn was suppose to be waiting for a friend that would pick up the trailer that was parked outside and take Agga back to his original owner. It was really sad seeing Shawn split away from the horse. He had surprisingly taken good care of Agga. As we were heading back to class he was taking Agga's saddle off and brushing his back.

"I have a feeling we're going to see Agga again." Cole had said.

To where I had responded, "Yeah maybe...let's just hope it rains over the weekend before Coach notices the hoof prints on the field."

Em was in her own little world. She smelled like barn but she looked like a little girl that had just been given the present of her life. She couldn't control her smile and whenever we'd try to ask her a question she'd either make us repeat it several times because she wasn't paying attention or she'd give us a short answer. She reminded me of Aurora after having visited Prince Phillip.

I barely made it to class as the bell rang signaling us to all take our seats. Before I sat down I went up to my teacher and handed her a note from the office telling her I would be excused in a few minutes. She just told me to sit down and watch. I was ok knowing I wouldn't have to do any work. Although tomorrow I would probably regret having more make up homework that needs completing. I was drowning in homework, essays, and projects. Right now I was simply trying to pass in order to graduate.

My eyes stayed glued to the clock as I watched the seconds tick by. It felt forever until finally the arms were pointing in the right direction. I stood up, grabbed my bag and crutches, and exited the room with a brief nod from my teacher as she silently gave me permission to leave class. I made my way to the bus loop hating how my crutches sounded like atomic bombs each time I took a step in the empty hallway.

"Tori," I heard my name being called from behind me.

I stopped and turned my head over my shoulder to see who it was. Hayden was only a few feet behind me so I figured he just came out of his classroom. His duffle bag swung in his hand while he tried to put his backpack on. I decided to wait for him to catch up and grinned as he got closer. "Hey Hayden."

He walked toward me and when we were side by side we made our way to the bus loop. "Look at you," He chuckled. "All in crutches and what not."

"The what not would probably be crutch burn I get on my side." It was true though. Every night when I change there's a red burning rash where my crutches are constantly rubbing against me. Sometimes I get so agitated with the crutches I throw them on the ground hoping I could break them. But then I realize I need them to move and quickly pick them back up.

"Ow," Hayden frowned. "Well why don't you wrap towels around the crutches?"

I grunted, "I have. The duct tape wore off and one of the towels fell so we just took the other one off too."

"That sucks." We stayed quiet for a second as we passed a teacher that gave us a strange look. When she finally rounded the corner Hayden started walking in front of me backwards to keep his eyes on mine. "So," He wiggled his eyebrows. "Heard you're going to Prom."