Awkward Dinner

Cole's POV

"C.Parris a word?" I was getting dressed in locker room when Coach called me. All of my brothers glanced when he said our name. The only reason I knew he was talking about me was because he added the 'C.' Since freshman year Coach has been calling us like that. Or else we wouldn't know which one he was talking to.

I closed my locker and quickly slipped my shirt on before heading towards the Coach. Coach Walker has been my coach since my freshman year. I didn't make the soccer team, only Blake did. But he did also coach basketball for a month while our original coach was sick. Coach Walker like the best coach in history of coaches. Fun. Energetic. Helpful. Yet it's like he understands being a teenager and that's why he doesn't act that big of an adult.

Coach led me just outside the entrance to the locker room.

"You wanted to talk to me?" I said leaning on the wall.

"I'm curious. Where did you find Tori?" Coach asked. I looked down at my shoes, gulping loudly unintentionally.

"Umm....her father is my mother's friend." It's not that I mind having Tori as a stepsister. Actually I'm perfectly fine with her as my sister. But in a way, the reason I don't want to tell everyone is this: I assume Tori is fine with Mark, Cali, and now Em. If people find out we're brother's I have a feeling she'll get more attention. Not only from the guys, but from the girls too. Some of those slutty bitches are either going to side with her, or be againat her. And without a doubt I have a feeling they're going to use Tori.

"Is that so?" Coach said, "Well when you're ready to tell me, you can."

Just like that, Coach went back in the locker room. I put my forehead on the wall, lightly tapping it. If I had a pillow I'd just bang my head. When I was done I walked back inside and grabbed my cleats putting them on.

"Come on Cole we don't have all day." Shawn shouted.

"I'm going, I'm going." I quickly tied my shoes and ran out the door. Me and Shawn jogged onto the field, "Where's Blake?"

I looked around for a second, scoping the field for a tall, built blonde. When I turned around and looked at the bleachers I saw him talking to Melissa. His play toy as me and Shawn called her. When I spotted him I rolled my eyes and searched the field again. Finally I found her.

"Tori!" I shouted jogging over. She turned around and looked over.

"What's up?" She asked.

"Just making sure you're fine." I shurgged.

"Yeah we were just talking about our favorite teams and players," Hayden said stepping beside Tori.

"Well we're USA all the way," Shawn said. I smiled and put a arm on his shoulder so he could hold my weight.

"Yeah we're thinking on buying tickets, they're coming in." I added. On the radio, news, and a couple billboards I kept seeing how the USA professional team was coming soon. Me, Shawn, and Blake were talking about getting tickets. The only problem was that they are expensive and we'd have to drive an hour away to the stadium. We're still trying to figure out how to tell mom and Bill. We agreed at dinner tonight.

"Sounds fun," Hayden said, "When's the game?"

"Early December," Shawn added.

"Well I think-" Tori was cut off just as Coach blew the whistle. I guess we'll never know what she was going to say.

Today's tryouts went pretty much as yesterday's. But this time we didn't play a match at the end. We just had drills. It really surprised me how good Tori was. If she didn't make the team, then I don't who was better.