What have you done?

• مهداة إلى Callum Sellwood

I woke to footsteps from the room directly below my room. A knock, a bang, a smash and cursing. Obviously Mum was home. I looked at my clock to see 9:19 printed on it. I groaned, and sunk into the covers, and warmth of my bed. I was always cold, I could never get warm. I hadn't worn short sleeves in a long time, but it didn't bother me. I tightened the covers around me, desperate to get warm, but I simply could not. I felt myself start to drift off to a slumber again, when a voice travelled to my room.

"Savannah, I'm home!" Came my mothers voice, through the floor. I groaned and plugged in my iPod blocking out the world. Minutes passed and I was woken to the headphones being torn out of my ears. I jumped, opening my eyes wide to come face to face with my Mother.

"Come on, get up, fat ass," she said, humming cheerfully. She turned back around, to see I had just sunk lower into my bed. She stormed to my bed and ripped the covers from around me. I desperately tried to keep them on, but failed miserably. Instead I shoved my head under my pillow, only to find a pair of warm hands close around my wrist. We gasped at the same time, as I ripped my hand away from her in pain.

"You're so thin and cold, Savannah!" She said, in shock, stepping back

"What have you done?" She said, tears welling up in her eyes, unexpectedly.

"Let me see," she said, closing in on me. I screamed, load and high pitched. I jumped up and ran to the other side of the room.

She looked at me confused and walked to me, while I coward in the corner.

"Wha-why won't you let me see your arms, savannah? You're so thin, you're going to die!" She exclaimed "have you been eating, please tell me you've been eating properly!" She screamed, helplessly. I just stayed silent, staring up at her red, blotchy face, emotionless.

''Are you just going to stare at me!" She screamed, so highpitched I mentally flinched. I couldn't let her get to me though. I got up and went to walk to the door. But I felt her hand grip my shoulder, pulling me back. I fell to the ground, on my ass. I screamed out in pain. It had caused a lot more pain than it should have, and I was sure I was going to have at least a bruise.

"Tell me what you did, Savannah, NOW!!" She growled, grabbing my wrist, roughly. I screamed as I heard a sickly crunch. Pain seared through my wrist. I felt like I couldn't move my wrist, as tears rolled down my cheeks. She looked at me and then reached her arms to attempt to see my arm. I moved away shouting.

"Piss off, and leave me alone!"

"We are going to the hospital, right now!" She screamed back, just as loud, before leaving the room, slamming the door behind her. I stood there stunned for a moment before, I walked over to the door and pressed my ear to it, ignoring the pain burning in my wrist. I couldn't make out anything but mumbles of my Mother, but I heard the creek of the stairs as she obviously left the room. I walked away from the door, confused, and sat down on a chair trying to make sense of it all. Why does she care all the sudden? And why did she leave the room so Unexplainably? A knock made me jump, making my wrist move into a painful position. Maybe I should go to the hospital. But then they would see my cuts, burns and scars not to mention the scratch marks from my nails. I walked to the door, pulling it open with my good hand, only to meet the gaze of Robbie. He looked at me relieved before pulling me into a tight hug, crushing my tender wrist. I screamed out in pain.

"Oh my god what happened?" He asked, pulling away and inspecting me from arms length.

"I'm fine," I said, my lip quivering suggesting otherwise. He went to say something else but instead, his gaze left mine to just left of my shoulder. He nodded once before, picking me up bridal style. I squealed in surprise as he walked down my drive and opened the door of my Mums car, placing me gently in the back. Realisation hit me like a tonne of bricks, as I saw my mum and Robbie get in the front of the car. I screamed and thrashed around helplessly. My Mum started the car and drove out of the drive, continuing to the motor way. I screamed the whole way there. Robbie was the only thing stopping me from doing something stupid, like grab my Mum. If he got hurt I could never forgive myself. We eventually arrived outside a white multi-storey building, which looked too clean. Robbie and my Mum got out of the car, where Robbie picked me up once again. I kicked and screamed like a small child, doing everything I could to not go into the building. I clung on to the door of the building, but it hurt my wrist so much, and I was so weak, I was no match for Robbie. Nurses rushed up to me immediately after my Mum talked to the receptionist. They took me to a uncomfortable looking bed, with a thin mattress and thin covers. Too clean. The nurses pulled the curtains around us as my Mum waited with Robbie in the seats in the waiting area. I attempted to kick the nurses as they tried to tend to my wrist. Suddenly though, I sensed someone behind me and when I turned it was too late. I felt a prick on my neck and then everything became fuzzy. I felt myself slipping away from eve retching, I didn't mind too much, now that the nurses were rolling up my sleeves and looking at my cuts. I was happy I was slipping away, full of bliss and happiness. Then everything went black.

Really short,I know. Sorry if I got any of the "experiences wrong" such as the broken wrist and the drugging. None of that's ever happened to me before. I've never even had a broken bone before!

Thanks

Joni xx

Comment

Vote

Add to ur library

Follow me