The Lyricist: Progression

Start from the beginning

"About damn time," said Levi as you wrenched open the car door. "Don't fuckin' rip my door off, jeezus."

"Oh shut up," you sighed, sitting ungracefully in passenger seat. "Do you do anything other than bitch at me?"

He eyed you, immediately noticing your wet hair. "You look like shit."

"Thanks, asshole." You shot a nasty death glare at him, your tone laced with sarcasm.

Levi didn't reply but was looking out the window on your side, his expression of irritation deepening. "You forgot your coffee," he said. "Again."

"Oh shit."

You turned your head and found Mikasa approaching the vehicle, her usual impassive expression intact and your forgotten coffee in hand. You swore that Levi and Mikasa were somehow related because one, they both had the surname of Ackerman, and two, they both either were super sassy with you or spoke in monotones that it almost bored you to death.

Once your window was down, you rolled your eyes to indicate that you were beyond annoyed with your company already but your house mate did not react. Mikasa handed you your tumbler and bent over to look at your driver.

"Levi." Her greeting was completely deadpan, as expected.

"Mikasa..." he replied with the same bland tone.

"What time will (F/n) be back?" she asked while glancing at you because you had let out a scoff.

Levi made a noise of indignation as well. "What, are you her mother now?"

Mikasa shrugged. "Call it what you want..."

The relationship that Levi and Mikasa had was strange, as it always had been since the day they were introduced about a month ago. It was clear to you now that Mikasa really only liked Attack on Titan for Eren, and Eren alone. She didn't even bat an eyelash when she met Levi, much to your surprise. In fact, she had little to no reaction at all.

You recalled that day for a moment.

It was the first time Levi had come to pick you up from your house and Mikasa had been dead set on meeting Levi, despite your protests. You had thought it was because he was such a famous celebrity, but in reality, she was more concerned with who you were spending so much time with now. She never said it, but you had a feeling that Mikasa didn't like the way Levi had you practically leashed to him almost twenty-four seven. It was that...or you wondered if it had to do with the fact that she did not like the way Levi treated Eren when doing anything for publicity, such as interviews and award shows.

You had awkwardly introduced them but like now, they only said a few sentences to each other before Levi whisked you off to the studio. Mikasa later divulged that she wasn't a huge fan of your partner and you had agreed.

"Late," was Levi's present reply. You knew what that meant; he had no idea when you were going to be home and could not give a definitive answer.

"How late?" pressed Mikasa with her eyes narrowing slightly.

Levi's expression darkened half a shade and you quickly cut in so that the tension would lessen. "I'll text you when I know for sure," you said hastily. "We have a lot to do today."

Your house mate let out a heavy sigh and straightened. "You say that every day," she said dismissively.

She was already walking back into the complex when you called out your farewell to her. Before Mikasa even made it through the door, Levi was already pulling away from the side walk.

"Annoying," you heard Levi say under his breath. You decided to ignore him, having no energy to respond to his clearly pissy mood. Instead, you quietly sipped on your coffee and stared out the window at the passing city scenery.