Memories Gone With The Wind

A/N: OK, so I know the past few chapters have been kinda suckish and back and forth between if Rachel likes Niall or not and then she gets in a car accident that I didn't even plan for, but I'm just trying to get some emotion out of my readers! I want comments like: Niall and Rachel pound Mikey's face in! (Stolen from one of the comments on "Yeah I'm Back... Who's He?") Not ones like: Update soon plz. or Cool chapter. I appreciate both because it means you like my story in some sort of way, but I like the ones that tell me you are connecting to it. If you wanna see the examples just go to the chapter where Rachel agrees to date Mike or something. sorry this is kind of bossy, but I wanna hear from my readers more often and get their opinion on stuff like "Are you mad at Riley for telling Rachel about how Niall cheated on her?". I promise to make better chapters, its just hard to write these. Thanks.

Chapter 26

*Niall's POV *

The boys all come to visit Rachel, receiving smiles from her. She talks to them and tries to conjure up a conversation with what she remembers from the party. She used to have an Instagram account on us, but she kinda stopped it after we started dating.

"Well, El says she will come to visit you tomorrow. You remember El right?" Louis says, he's treating her like she is an old woman with a bad case of memory loss.

Rachel nods vigorously, but she doesn't remember the other fun times that had together. Or how close they had gotten.

"Dani and Perrie are coming too." Zayn

adds.

"Ok." Rachel smiles at them.

The boys all give her a hug goodbye and they leave the hospital and drive to their hotel.

A tear streams down Rachel's pale cheek. I run up to her side. "What's wrong?" I ask.

"I forgot it all. Every thing Niall, everything." She confesses the cause of her tears. "I want to remember everything leading up to the accident. And since when were you on tour? You know what, never mind. I'm guessing it was after the pool party."

This is the first time Rachel has talked to me since Riley told her about that girl at the club. She has been doing a good job of avoiding me for a girl who has to stay in a hospital bed. I guess since I'm the only one in the room, she kinda has to talk to me.

"It'll come back to you princess. The memories will come to you so strong and clear it will be like a river is running through your mind. A strong and powerful river too." I assure her.

She sighs. "I hate my life."

"Don't say that-"

"You would be thinking the same thing if you got into a car accident and you lost all your memories from the past couple of months! You would also be thinking the same thing if you had a boyfriend who cheated on you and keeps trying to come back into your life! I had only awaken a few days ago and I already know you will go to no end to get me to like you again!"

Ouch. "Well what do you suppose I do?" I ask. "When I love a girl, spending every moment of my life to get her to love me back is something I need to do. I can't live my life without you, so I might as well try to get you to want to be in it."

Rachel's silent. She stares at her hands that are placed on her lap. "I have a lovely boyfriend. I don't even remember him and I already know he's lovely. Thank you though. For not giving up on me so easily." She says after a few minutes of silence.

"Giving up on you is not an easy task. I never will give up. I'm going to try to get you to want me until the end of time. Trust me on this."

"I'm not sure if I can still trust you." She mumbles, probably louder than she intended.

"I really don't think I can trust myself anymore either." I admit before I run out of the room.

*Rachel's POV *

I flip through the channels with my heavily scarred hands. I take a peak out the window overlooking the nearly empty parking lot. I catch a glimpse of my reflection. Gash on my cheek, bandages on my temple, stitches running up my arm.

I quickly turn away, not wanting to see the horribly abused-looking girl that I am now. My attention averts to the telly. Did I just say telly? Wow. I really am turning into an Irishman. Or an Irishwoman. Whatever.

Nothing good is on. I'm supposed to be resting up, but my mind pushed away the idea of sleep a couple of hours ago and I decided to go with it. It's two in the morning, I'm all alone and there is nothing on of any interest to me. I'm truly stuck with nothing to do.

My mind wanders to El, Dani, and Perrie. I wonder else we did together that made us all appear so close. Will I ever remember?

I hope so. I don't want to be the girl left out of on the inside joke that she was part of but never remembered.

And what about Riley? She acts like we have known each either for ages. I guess she and I have been through so much together that it does. Too bad I can't remember a majority of what we went through together.

Mikey seems nice enough. He is really sweet and caring. What have we been through together? Were any kisses exchanged between us? How many hugs and compliments did we give each other?

I force myself to remember. It's obviously no use. What happened before all this? I ask myself over and over again.

My life had changed so fast. One moment you are the new girl in Ireland and the next Niall Horan asks if he can join you for lunch. One moment you are dancing around London in a floral dress that your boyfriend had gotten you and the next you're crying in the bathroom-

Wait. That wasn't before the pool party. I close my eyes and try to bring back the memory that had flashed through my mind seconds before. Again, it's no use.

I get my first twinge of hope in a long time. Maybe I will start getting bits and pieces of my memories and then gradually remember. I can only hope for the best.

I think of my quick little flashback that disappeared as soon as it came. Why was I crying? I think I'll tell Riley about it and see if I can grill her for any information. I have a feeling I told her a lot about my life before the accident and she did the same with me.

My hand reaches out for my iPhone. I slide the lock and is grateful I didn't put a pass code on my phone. I have a feeling I wouldn't know what it was. My lock screen is a picture of Riley and I wearing fake mustaches and sticking out our tongues. The picture makes me smile slightly.

My thumb hovers over the screen, not knowing where to start. I decide to start with my pictures. I tap the little flower icon thing and click the very first picture.

The beginning pictures are very familiar to me. They are selfies, family pictures, quotes that inspired me, and some One Direction pictures. I stop at the last picture I remember taking. I'm giving Niall a kiss on the cheek and he is grinning from ear to ear. I guess I didn't have a desire to delete that one. I really don't want to.

The next one is a picture of Niall and I in front of Big Ben. I'm in his arms and looking up at him. I look in love. I was in love, probably. Not a lot of girls can't help falling for him. Tears blur my vision and I swap right to go to the next photo. Another one of Niall, another one, and another one...

I'm upset that he hurt me. But that is not the reason of my tears. I'm crying because I can't remember those times where I looked head over heels for this Irish lad. Where I looked like I was in heaven and Niall was the key.

Suddenly the pictures of Niall stopped. I swiped right to see Riley and I, occasionally Mikey, sometimes just me, but never Niall.

I fought the urge to call him to take a picture with me to break the pattern. He hurt you. I remind myself again.

I put my phone down and turn the lamp off. I find my eyelids to be gaining weight as position myself on my side. I close my eyes and think of gaining back my memory and reviving those picture-worthy moments that have gone with the wind.

Maybe one day I will remember what has happened. Yeah, one day I will...