All I Got

Chapter 25

*Niall's POV *

"Why did you tell her?" I ask, venom seeping into my words.

Riley stared at me. "You couldn't just keep this from her. Your whole relationship can't be based off lies. Telling her you had a perfect relationship would be a lie."

"I thought you were her friend! She's hurt now and we were meant for each other." I'm fuming. Riley told her everything. She said it was for the best. I just want her to forgive me. Forget of ever happened. And when she does, Riley reminds her.

"I'm still her friend! I thought you loved her! Taking advantage of her amnesia is not something her lived ones would do to her. If you really love her, let her learn to forgive you!"

"How?"

"Give her all you got." She says gently.

I don't know what she means. I'm trying to get her back and she just pushes me away. If I sent her a box of chocolates, she would toss them before opening them. She would burn love notes I would give her without even reading them first. I can't give her all I got if she won't even accept.

"I'll try." I mumble. I head back into Rachel's hospital room.

When Rachel sees me, she turns her head towards the window. "You hurt me." She mumbled. "I thought you were the good guy. I love you Niall!" Rachel starts to sob.

"I'm sorry-"

"Niall, just shut up." Her words hurt my heart.

She lost all her progress to forgiving me. I knew she was close to forgiving me too. God, why did this have to happen? We were so close to falling back in love. To falling one more time.

Michael emerges into the room. Rachel finally looked into my attention, but only to see who walked in. "Hi." She says, a small smile appeared on her voice.

"Chel... You don't remember me?" He asks, his voice sad.

"Are you Michael?" Rachel always had a curious mind, so it doesn't surprise me that she was wondering who this mysterious new boyfriend of hers was.

He nods, running up to her. "How are you feeling baby?"

"A little forgetful." She jokes.

"Do you feel pain anywhere?" Michael worries.

"No, the pain stopped a couple of hours ago."

"That's good." He places a stray strand of her hair behind Rachel's ear.

"I wish I remembered you. You're so sweet."

"You're the sweetest girl in the world."

Rachel takes Michael's hand and smiles up at him. I only feel one emotion: envy. Michael is nice, but I feel Rachel belongs to me. Not him.

Maybe I'm too lucky. I was given the chance to live my dream. I'm living it. I have a nice family and a lot of wonderful friends. I'm so lucky that God wanted to give other people -like Michael- a chance to have a good life. Michael got Rachel. She is the key to happiness. I wasted all my luck on the stuff I got now and I ran out by the time I met Rachel.

I'm still trying to decipher what Riley meant, but I'm going to give Rachel everything I have. Even if that means starving and never eating Nando's ever again, I'll do it. It's a small price to pay for getting my princess back.