Riley

Chapter 7

*Rachel's POV*

I decided to look at colleges today. I'm 19, so it's about time to get a degree in, well, anything. I was looking up Irish colleges around the area ever since I found out I was going to move here. One college that caught my eye was in Mullingar, the town I now live in. It was called Loreto College. I thought I would have a good chance of making it in.

I was sitting down in the room for waiting for an interview. I notice a girl with her hair in a braid, she is wringing her hands nervously.

I smile at her. "Hi, I'm Rachel."

She gives me a nervous smile back. "I'm Riley." We shake hands.

.

"So, why so nervous?"

"I guess I'm just afraid I'll say something stupid and mess up any chance I have."

"Nah, I'm sure you'll do fine."

"Thanks, I'm sure you will be fine too. Probably will do better than me."

"Maybe, maybe not. The best chance I have is that they will take me in 'cause they are impressed by my past in professional volleyball."

"Sports are not my most, um, impressive talent." She nervously laughs. "Who am I kidding? When it comes to sports, I'm talentless. I'm a violinist, and my grades aren't bad either. Oh and I like to sing. I've been told I'm good, but... you know." She shrugs.

"Can you sing for me?" I ask her. Wanting to know if she was good.

"Not right now, so many people are around."

I look around. There's one other kid listening to something on his iPod.

"Please?"

She looks around one more time. "Fine." She sings "Gotta Be You" by One Direction. She hits all the notes perfectly and sings like an angel.

"Wow, I'm amazed. If we both get in, you have to play it for me. Your probably some kind of musical prodigy."

She giggles. "Anything but. I can only play violin and sing. But I'm looking forward to it. Even if we both don't get in, we can hang out sometime."

We exchange numbers. "You were singing a One Direction song. Do you like them?" I ask.

"Do I! They are an amazing bunch. It's silly, but sometimes I fantasize that Harry and I could..." She trails off, blushing.

"It's ok, I used to fantasize that Niall and I could fall in love." I tell her.

"Used to?"

"Well I fell in love with him, and I think he's in love with me. What with the way he kisses me."

Riley's eyes widen at my words. "You and Niall? You're dating Niall!"

"Shh!"

Luckily, no one around heard. The boy across the room attention is still focused on his phone.

The door at the end of the room creaks open. Out comes a girl looking a little forlorn. A tall man follows behind her and calls, "Riley O'Daire?"

"Here!" Riley gets up and grabs her purse. She turns her head towards me and mouths, "Wish me luck!"

I give her a thumbs and she whispers, "Thank you." A smile spreads across her face and she goes into her all-confident mode.

I smile. Riley seems like a cool girl to hang out with.

I text Niall: Hey babe. Can I bring a friend to the pool?

__________________

Author's Note:

Ok thanks for the large amount of new readers for next chapter can I have

550 readers 35 votes and 10 comments? Thanks guys. :)

|

|

| (Click here to activate unicorn

| powers)

|

\/ please comment ;)