Time To Surprise

Chapter 14

*Rachel's POV* (AN: there won't be a lot of Niall's POV's since he may or may not be cheating on her.)

Just as I'm about to call Riley, my phone vibrates.  It's Riley.

"Hey Riley." I say.

"I've got some good news!" Riley's voice is full of excitement.

"You won the lottery and you're willing to give me half the money?"

"No..."

"Umm... You have a long lost relative that died and gave you all his money?"

"You suck at guessing. I just got all the information about my classes and my dorm for Loretto."

"And...?"

"We're roommates!"

I squeal over the delight of sharing a dorm with my new best friend. "We need to celebrate!"

"Rachel, we have four whole years to celebrate!"

"Well, let's have a pre-celebration!"

"Hold up, I still have more good news."

"What is it?"

"I get to perform for the Queen!"

I'm speechless. Rachel always says she always wanted to perform in front of an important person. Now she will be performing in front of handfuls of important people at the Queen's party. Not just everyone gets an invitation to the Queen's birthday ball.

"I'm so proud of you!" I exclaim. "Now we definitely have to celebrate."

"Nah, we don't need to."

"Uh, yea we do! This is awesome!"

"I guess we could hang out tonight..."

"You know we can! I have something to discuss with you anyway."

"Like design options for our dorm?'

I smile. "That and something else."

"Ok, see you in... one hour?"

"See you."

*One hour later*

"Mom! I'm leaving!" I yell up to her room when I see Riley pull in.

"Ok sweetie!"

I walk out of the house and make sure to lock the door behind me.  I open the passenger's side door of her mustang.

"New car?" I ask, smirking.

"Yup, my mom and her boyfriend made a big deal out of me performing in front of the Queen.  They said, and I quote, 'If your going to play in front of an important person, you might as well drive like an important person'." She shrugs, like a brand new red mustang is no big deal.

"But you just found out today."

"As soon as they found out, they headed to the dealership to spoil me."

I laugh. "I don't see the big deal out of getting a new car."

"It's just that they have to go through all these expenses of me going to college and yet they still find a need to spend a load of money on a new car. A simple congratulations would have been enough."

"Oh. Well, where are we going?" I ask, quickly changing the topic.

"I was thinking Nando's." She suggests.

"Nando's sounds good." I say.

"Good." Riley turns on the radio and Kiss You is on.

"Baby say 'Yeahhhhh, Yeahh'

If you don't wanna take it slow and you just wanna take me home.

Baby say 'Yeahhhh, Yeahh'

And let me kiss you!" Riley and I sing out of tune without a care in the world.

"Oh baby, baby don't you know you got what I need, looking so good from your head to your feet.

Come, come over here, over here, over here.

Oh I just wanna show you off to all of my friends-" I choke on Niall's solo. He got so excited when I agreed to go to the pool party with him to meet the boys. Now I feel that he never really cared about me.

Riley turns down the music. "What's wrong Rachel?" She asks, noticing the way I stopped midway Niall's solo.

"Well, it involves what I need to discuss with you..."

"Well, we can discuss it now. I don't mind."

"I think Niall's cheating on me."

Riley parks into Nando's parking lot and looks at me. "He would never! He looks at you with this look on his eyes. His eyes light up when he sees you walk into the room!" She protests.

I feel tears in my eyes, making my vision slightly blurry. "It's just that he was holding hands with this girl, and there was another picture of him kissing her on the cheek!"

"Edits, I've seen a lot of good ones." Riley insists. Just like I did when I didn't want to believe it.

I spent the whole night thinking about it, not getting an ounce of sleep. I decided to accept the fact that he was cheating on me. I really didn't want to believe it, who would want to believe it? Maybe the tabloids, they could make a few million bucks off the topic. Deep down though, they wouldn't want people hurting others. I'm sure of it.

 "Should we go inside to discuss it?" She asks after a while of awkward silence.

"That would be better than awkwardly sitting here in silence, wouldn't it?' I laugh.

 We get a table for two and talk.  "So, what are we going to do about it?" Riley asks me after taking a sip of water.

"It's time to pay the boys a visit."

Riley looks up at me. "Already? It's only been a month since they left."

"Well I was thinking we should wait until they go to America."

Riley moans. "It's going to take forever to get there!"

"If we are going to take a trip, we might as well take a trip to my home town. They are performing a concert not too far from there. Plus, we could crash at a friend's house or my grandparents' place."

"Ok, I see your point. America it is then. Can't wait to meet some of your old friends."

A waitress walks up to our table and takes our orders. Riley and I both order a burger.  "Should we bring the others?" Riley was referring to Eleanor, Perrie, and Danielle. 

"We might as well, they are dating members of One Direction too. I'm sure they would love to come with us."

"I'll call Harry to see if he can get us some backstage passes."

We plan out the details in between bites of our burgers. We'll be staying at my rich Aunt's house (confirmed), the others will be joining us (confirmed), and I will have to confront Niall about how he has been cheating on me (undecided).

______________________________________

Author's Note:

Hey guys and thank you for ally our support. Sorry it took so long but I couldn't type it on my Ipod so I had to wait till I could get ahold of the computer. For the next chapter can I get 650 more readers 25 votes, and 6 comments? Thank you!

Iley :)