Rumors

Chapter 13

*Rachel's POV*

I text Riley the good news that I made it into Loreto College. She had texted me the same good news yesterday.

My boredom has grown from really bored to dangerously bored. I have nothing to do now that Niall is gone.

"Rachel!" My brother calls from downstairs. "Niall is on Enews!"

I jump off my bed and head downstairs. My brother is blocking the way down. "Never mind. It was just a commercial for that lame movie you're looking forward to." My brother is obviously lying. Jacob has never been a good liar.

"Fine. I'll just watch Enews in my room." I head to my bedroom and m brother grabs my wrists.

"I'm not going to stop you from watching the show. I'm just going to warn you that you probably don't want to hear what they are going to say." My brother lets go of my wrist and walks back downstairs.

Well now I have to watch it. So with shaky hands, I turn in the television and change the channel. The reporter was in mid sentence. "...a picture of them grocery shopping." A picture of Niall and a pretty blonde girl show up on the screen.

He's cheating on me. That's the only guess I have. If it were his cousin or something my brother wouldn't care if I saw it. I just have one hope...

Rumors. That's what I want it all to be. One big rumor. But the longer I stare at the picture, the less I believe in my hope.

The girl was gorgeous and flawless, but I was focusing on Niall. He was wearing the SnapBack I bought him. He was holding hands with another girl and he was wearing the same SnapBack I bought him! I turn of the television before Enews tells me more things I don't want to hear.

He loves me. That's reason enough not to hurt me. Though I don't think it's good enough. I heard too many stories where the girls were told they were loved by a boy and have their hearts broken by the same guy the next day.

But Niall is not like that! He would never intentionally try to hurt me. Oh...wait. That's another thing I hear girls say all the time, they are really blinded by how much he is hurting her.

I fight with myself.

'He's cheating on you.' My untrusting side of me says.

'He would never do that.' The part of me that would take a bullet for Niall insists.

'That's what you think! It's clear as day he doesn't love you.'

'He tells me he loves me all the time!'

'When was the last time he bothered to contact you?'

Silence.

'You never even had a chance.'

'Stop it!'

'He obviously loves her more, considering she gets to go on tour with him.'

More silence.

'You're forgotten about.'

'No. He would never do that. It's gotta be him! He's the one I love!!'

'You love him... He doesn't return the favor.'

The thing about having a fight with yourself is that you can never walk away. The fight follows you.

Music. I grab my music and start scrolling through the selections.

Breakups, getting back together, one more chance, I love you, will you be mine? seems to be the common theme. I just didn't realize it until now.

There's only one thing to do. Ice cream. Time to stuff my face and get a brain freeze, hopefully making me forget everything that is going on. No. I can't. Forgetting is impossible. I have his name tattooed on my heart.

__________________

Hey guys. Thanks for all the support. Ok for next chapter 6 comments. 20 votes and 600 more readers? Thanks

(Sorry this chapter is so short. Every once in a while, my iPod deletes unpublished work and I have to start over. So I did this one quickly.)