The Pool Party

Chapter 9

*Rachel'a POV*

Niall and I sing along to Ed Sheeran songs the whole way there. His angelic voice rings through the car.

"They scream, the worst things in life come free to us.

And we're just under the upper hand.

Go mad for a couple grand.

We don't want to go outside tonight.

It's too cold outside for angels to fly.

To fly...

To fly...

For angels to fly."

If all boys were like Niall, the world would be heaven.

Niall pops the CD out. "So, what's Riley like?" He asks.

"She's a violinist, and her voice is sweeter than the most heavenly thing on earth! ...Except, not as heavenly as you." I feel the warmth rushing to my cheeks.

Niall blushes too. "Is she a good violinist?"

"I don't know. I'm betting she is."

Riley was driving herself to the pool the boys rented out for the party. She said she used to go there regularly when she was younger.

"I don't want to be a third wheel around you guys. It would be awkward having just the three of us. You would feel obliged to join me in any conversation you have. Trust me." Rachel said on the phone when I insisted she come with us. I realized she was right, it would be awkward.

*Harry's POV*

I wait outside the pool are for Niall and his love to come. I want to be the first one to meet her. Out of the corner of my eye, I see a girl waiting by the entrance. She wasn't begging to go in, just waiting.

She walks over to me. Nonchalantly. "Hi, I'm Riley..." Riley's voice trails off. "You're Harry Styles."

That's it. "You're Harry Styles." No fan girling,

"Can I help you love?" I ask the beautiful Riley.

I get a good look at her. She has light brown hair with dirty blonde highlights. Her brown eyes sparkle with pleasure, they were lovely brown eyes. She had a good figure. I might take some time to meet her.

She mutters something under her breath. Something like, "I should've known." She says in a normal volume, "No just waiting for my friend Rachel. She said she's coming with this lad named Niall. Do you happen to know when they are coming?" Her tone was cool and collected.

Niall's car pulls into the parking lot and two figures jump out of it. "Rachel!" Riley yells, waving her arms to catch her attention.

'Geez.' I think. 'She gets more excited when she sees her than when she sees me.' Usually this doesn't bother me, but I want attention from her. As much as I can get.

*Niall's POV*

Harry stares at Rachel. I feel jealousy rise up inside of me. He's smiling at her, flirting. Rachel doesn't notice, she's too busy charting up a storm with who I am guessing is Riley.

"Rachel, I will be right back." I whisper in my love's ear. I give her a peck on the cheek and turn towards Harry. "Can we talk really quick?"

"Sure."

We head into the locker room and I turn to Harry. I can imagine my face is red with anger. "Are you trying to flirt with my girl?" I ask almost yell. I try to keep my anger down, it's obviously not working one bit.