Meeting Her

Chapter 3  

*Niall's POV*

I smile at the lovely girl before me. Her hair was just below her shoulders and she stared at me with lovely brown eyes. She gasped and it was obvious she knew who I was.

She quickly collected herself and her shocked expression was replaced with a happy one. "Of course, have a seat."

"Thank you. So, coming here for a vacation?"

"My family and I are moving here actually."

"Oh?" I say. I secretly want to do a little dance. I have just met her, but I can tell that she has a charming personality an a sweet one too. She's the type of girl my mum would want me to go out with.

"Yes, we're moving to the same neighborhood as your mom." The way she said it didn't sound stalker-like at all. I know thousands of girls knew where my mum lives.

"Actually, I'm giving her a surprise visit today."

"Oh really? Do you need a ride?" She asks me. It was a sweet offer that I gladly accept. I'm sure she knows I could just take a cab, but maybe she wants to get to know me as much as I want to get to know her.

"Rachel! We're going to pick up Lou now! Let's go.... Who is he?" My attention is turned to a woman that has similar features to Rachel.

"Coming mom!" We toss our trash and head over to Rachel's mom. "This is Niall, he needs a ride to his mom's. I thought maybe we could drive him there. She lives in our neighborhood."

Her eyes go back and forth between Rachel and me. Then, something clicks. "You look like someone from that boy band my daughter likes. One Infection? No that's not it. Oh! One Direction."

Rachel grimaces. "I'm sorry." She mumbles. "My mom can't tell the difference between her left and her right sometimes."

"Of course we can squeeze another in our rental car. We can put Jacob in the back with Lou so you two can have more space."

I walk with Rachel and her mum to the spot where they were supposed to meet up with Jacob and her father.

"Eric, this is Niall. His mother lives in the same neighborhood as we will live in. I figured we can squeeze him in with us." Rachel's mom tells her husband.

"I suppose so." He agrees. "Eric Cooper, nice to meet you." Mr. Cooper extends his hand to me.

"Niall Horan, and it's a pleasure to meet you." I shake his hand firmly.

"Hey! I got Lou!" Someone shouts in the distance.

A yellow lab barks and drags a boy a little younger than Rachel over to us. "Lou! How's my boy?" Rachel asks the dog, scratching him behind the ear.

He happily barks in reply.

"Ok, the car is waiting for us outside. Lets go." Mr. Cooper says.

Jacob, I assume, is staring at me with confusion. His eyes grow wider as he stares at me a little longer. "Your Niall Horan!"

"Shhh!" Rachel wacks him right in the chest. "Keep your voice down, last thing we need is to get mobbed by adoring fans."

I smile. "Nice to meet you."

Jacob is dumbfound. He just numbly nods and catches us with his parents, leaving us alone.

"Sorry about that, my family can get pretty embarrassing."

"Mine can too." I tell her.

She smiles back at me. Her brown eyes sparkling. "All families can."

"Aye, your right about that."

We spend the whole car ride just looking at each other and smiling like idiots. Her laugh is contagious and it fills the room with a happy presence.

Too soon, the car ride was over. I turn towards her. "Thanks for the ride." It's intended to be directed to the whole family, but sounds like its only for her.

"No problem. Will...I...see you again?" She asks.

"One can only hope, I don't about you, but this one hopes to see you tomorrow at the movie theatre at 8." I say pointing to myself.