Second Thoughts

The top Photo is Felix's tattoos and will have to do something with this chapter no worry. The bottom photo is Lyra's tattoo.  If you can't tell what Lyra's tattoo is, it is a dream catcher the looks like it is tied to he back. One last thing I'm sorry for that last chapter it was to lovey dovey for Felix's style, won't happen again.

Running faster and faster from the monster. This monster didn't have the big pointy teeth or the hunger from man/human being and other monster characteristics. This Monster was more a human, he is Felix. Felix has been chasing me. My death was important to him as a mercenary. I trip and fall as he catches up, the pistol points to my forehead. My lip trembles and makes me all shaky. His finger on the trigger then BANG!
I jolt from the dream, then I sit myself up. I look to my side and see Felix in bed with his shirt off. He has a tattoo that stretches out from one side of his chest down to the arm. It was orange, black, and white. He also has smaller tattoos but this one stands out the most. I lay back down and place my head on his chest. With one hand I began to trace the tattoo. Felix stirs a bit, but only to move his arms around me. I have a tattoo but my shirt covers it up. Mine wasn't bold as Felix's tattoo. I could care less, mine serves a purpose or a tries to serve a purpose. Buried in his chest, listening to his beating heart. I start to feel drowsy again. Sleeping came in waves that washes over you until you gentle or harshly fall asleep. I close my eyes and felt the waves wash gentle over me.
---------------------------------
I rub my eyes from the sudden loss of heat. I sigh in disappointment and hear him scoff. How dare he let me suffer by being cold. Anyways I turn to face him and see him back in his armor, but only with no helmet yet. I roll my eyes.
I knew this was going to happen, I shouldn't have gotten to excited when we had that magical sleepover, and the heart-to-heart moment. I suppose I should get up too. I slowly but surely got up and try to find my skin suit. To be honest I don't recall on how I change into different clothes, but I'm not going to ask. I see it laying on a metal chair and grab it. How am I supposed to change when there is no privacy. I guess I'll change in the corner but still people watching with greedy eyes, disgusts me. I tiptoe to the corner had my front face to the wall. I quickly take off my shirt and then my shorts. I slide into the skin suit and ask Felix to zip it up in the back. I feel the cold metal brush against my skin. "Dream catcher eh? Sweetheart what are you afraid of?" He interrogates. I didn't know how to answer back, everyone afraid of something. I move away to put on my armor. As I finish I pull out my hair tie out my hair and put it back in a ponytail, then I put on my helmet. Once we were ready to leave, Felix adds "welcome to the dark side, we have cookies." I shake my head and walk out of the cell. Leaving behind the old me who was a lost cause. This will probably be heart breaking for Kimball or Caboose, he tried to persuade me to color with him every other day. I didn't dare to snap at him because Caboose isn't the soldier type, so I would assume he would cry if I did. But then Kimball is losing one of the best soldiers. I think about going back, but what about Felix?
------------------
Felix didn't pay attention to me as the day progressed. He looks at me as another soldier with little to no value when it becomes between his life and others. Is this what he had in store? Locus studies me for long periods of time then looks away to observe something else then back at me. As the day grew longer, I start to fit in. I imagine how this might all work out in the end. I move to on from the gun range to the knife course. I want to put in the extra time for that. I didn't want my aim to be off, if something happens and I need to use my knife. I reach for my first class assault knife and got into my stance. I take a breathe, then I throw the knife. I miss the center by a millimeter. I feel eyes watching. I turn to see who it was and by not a surprise it was Locus. I let out a huff and went back to work. "It's not polite to stare" I comment. I hear him gradually getting closer. I pick up my knife and start to throw again. As I release, I hear him scoff. I turn in a snap to face him. "Do you got a problem with something" I ask.
"No but you do" he replies. What?!? I hate fucking riddles. I'm more of a direct person if you know what I mean.
"In what way do I have a problem" I ask in frustration.
"You're temporary. Felix won't love you forever. He has business to attend to and you're in the way" Locus says coldly. Temporary? Bewilder I am. Locus get even closer and whispers by my ear, "don't get too comfy". I hear him walk away as I stand there frozen in deep thought.
I run. I didn't know where I was going but I continue to run. I realize I'm outside passing people training and on duty. I see Felix talking to a soldier. I bump into someone and apologize quickly. Out of the corner of my eye I see Felix watching me. I didn't care, I want to run. Run from what though? Didn't I know what I was getting into. I guess I could say I'm home sick, the Rebel's Base was all I had as a home. Am I traitor or team player? I stop and spun around. I'm surrounded by a forest and I'm in a center of a clearing. I fall to the ground and lay there. The silence didn't consume the air, the breeze and a nearby stream does along with wildlife. It is peaceful in a way.

Hey you readers! Did you like the twist? Muhahahahaha. It would be a shame if Locus fell in love with Lyra. Let me know if I should add anything in the comments.