Chapter Thirty -- Day 30

I look up at Wren. "I want to stay here."

Wren shakes his head. "Rose, it's too dangerous for you here. Myra will find you and use you to take over the Kingdom."

I shake my head. "I don't care. I'm staying here with Bryn."

Wren's gaze turns to Bryn for a second.

I look over to Bryn and see him nodding his head a little bit.

"No... Bryn..." I whisper.

He shakes his head and gets up slowly. "Come on, Rose. You'll be safe there." He kisses me softly.

"Bryn..." I whisper.

I feel Wren's arms wrapping around my body.

"What! No! I'm not leaving!" I shout and start hitting my fists on Wren's back.

"Eria, come on." Wren says. He seems unaffected by my blows.

I don't stop hitting him though. I don't stop fighting.

"Put me down!" I start to cry. "Bryn, don't let me go!" I try to pull away but Wren's arms only wrap around me tighter.

We step through the portal and I feel like my insides are being torn apart from the inside out.

All I can hear is the sound of my own screaming and crying.

*****

Eria's P.O.V

We make it through the portal with no problem at all. I just feel like I have a stomach ache as well as a head ache.

"Wren?" I ask while looking over at him.

He's laying Rose on the ground and chanting a spell to put her to sleep.

"She should be fine now." He whispers. "I didn't want to take her like that..." he looks up at me with sadness in his eyes. "But there wasn't any other choice. She couldn't stay there."

I move closer to him and wrap my arms around him. "I know." I whisper. "It's okay. She'll forgive you, I'm sure."

He nods his head. "I can only hope so..." he whispers and looks back down at her.

"Wren, where do you think we are?" I ask while looking around.

We're in the middle of a street by the looks of it. Snow covers the ground, and the only source of light is coming from the street lamps.

"I don't know." He answers. "But we have to find someplace to stay." He gets up as he lifts Rose from the ground.

"Any ideas?" I laugh a little.

He shrugs. "We'll just have to wing it I guess." He winks at me and gives me a small smile.

I laugh. "How mad do you think she's going to be when she wakes up?" I ask as we start walking down the street.

"Really mad." He answers. "Come on. We got to be quick, before it starts to snow again." He looks up towards the sky.

I nod my head. "Alright." I fall into step beside him and we both fall into silence.

*****

"What... where..." Rose is shouting when she wakes up.

Wren and I both look up towards the room she's staying in and then at each other.

She runs out in almost no time at all.

Her eyes already look glassy with tears.

"Why would you do that?" she asks. "Why would you bring me here?" She immediately runs to Wren as he stands up.