Chapter Twenty-Nine -- Day 29

"What are we going to do about Myra? We can't just leave her here. Who knows what she'll do."

I shiver a little just thinking about it.

"Look, Eria, we're not going to leave her here to take over. We're just going to regroup... it shouldn't take that long. A couple of months tops." Wren starts to pace back and forth in the small room.

"Wren... she can take over the world in a few months."

He shakes his head. "She's not that powerful yet. It'll still take her awhile to accomplish that." He says. "We have time."

I frown. "Wren... I think we should stay here."

Wren looks up at me. "If we stay here we're dead. That's all there is to it."

"I think we should stay. We need to keep tabs on her."

Wren shakes his head. "We can figure that out later. Trust me, Eria, you don't want to stay here."

I stand up. "Why not? I'm staying here with my Kingdom."

His gaze is hard as he stares at me. "Your Kingdom wants you dead. Do you really want to stay here and give them that chance? Do you want to die?"

"No." I whisper.

"Then let's leave." Wren says. "We have to get out of here while there's still time."

I shake my head and look down at Rose's sleeping body. "What about Garner and Quince? What's going to happen to them?" I ask him.

Wren shrugs his shoulders. "I don't even know where they are right now. I'm sorry Eria, but it's us three or not at all."

I let out a long sigh. "Fine..." I whisper. "Let's get out of here then."

He looks at me. "You're sure about this?" he asks.

I nod my head. "What else is there to do?"

He shakes his head. "Nothing here." He looks at me. "Are you ready?"

I shake my head. "No. Not at all."

Wren laughs a little. "Me either. Because this new place is going to be different... trust me."

"Just as long as we're all safe... as long as we come back to defeat her, I'm fine with sleeping on the forest ground."

Wren shakes his head. "No, I'm talking about something else. We'll have to go into the past."

I frown. "Can you even do that?"

He gestures to Rose behind him. "She went through time. We can do the same thing."

"Is that even safe?" I ask him.

He nods his head. "It is. Trust me."

I bite down on my bottom lip. "Alright... then let's go."

Wren nods again. "Just give me one second." He says. "I have to get some supplies."

I stand up. "I'll help you." I say.

He shakes his head. "There's a man hunt for you, Eria. Do you really want to go out there? It's safer if I go alone."

I bite down on my bottom lip. "But..."

Wren shakes his head again. "I'm sorry, really I am. But you should stay here."

"Wren..."