Chapter Twelve -- Day 12

I smile at him. "Thank you."

Quince smiles back. "Come on, let's go and get that tea now."

I nod a little. "Sounds good to me."

Quince nods his head and leads the way out of the room and down to the kitchen.

The staff is scrambling about trying to make up more food for the party.

Quince and I duck past them all and sit quietly in the corner of the kitchen.

It's a few minutes before someone notices us and brings us the tea.

"Do you have any ideas what Wren would be doing out by the river?" Quince asks, finally breaking the silence.

I shake my head. "I honestly have no idea." I answer. "As far as I know he was alive... at least I was hoping he was..."

Quince nodded his head slowly, but kept his gaze down at the amber colored liquid. "I know what you mean." He says. "I still can't believe it either."

I bite down on my bottom lip. "I just hope he's in a better place now." I whisper. My stomach twists as I say that. I hate acting like I've accepted the fact that he's dead. I hate knowing that he's alive out there wondering about and getting himself into danger. I hate not knowing that he's okay...

"Are you sure you're okay?" Quince asks. "I can see that you're arguing with yourself in your head."

I look up and meet his gaze. "I'm fine." I tell him. "You don't need to worry about me at all."

He gives me a sad smile. "You're my friend, Eria. I'm going to worry about you whether you like it or not." He gives me a small smile.

I force a laugh. "Thank you Quince."

He smiles back at me. "Do you think you're fine enough to go back to the party now?" he asks.

I shrug my shoulders. "Sure, if you want to."

"I'd like to have a dance with you before the night ends."

I laugh a little. "Well then, let's head back then." I stand up from the table, leaving my tea untouched on top.

Quince gets up and holds out his arm for me. "Princess." He smiles.

I take his arm. "Thank you my prince." I laugh a little as he grins.

Quince and I head back upstairs to the party.

He wraps his arms around my body and pulls me close to him as soon as we enter.

"Looks like we just made it for the next song." He smiles.

I laugh a little and wrap my arms around his neck. "You still haven't changed, have you?" I asked him.

Quince just grinned back at me. "No, not at all."

I smiled and moved along with him to the beat of the music.

It wasn't until I heard Garner's voice that I stopped.

"Can I cut in?" he asked. His eyes sparkled as he looked at me.

"Don't ask me." Quince replies. He turns to me. "It's up to her."

I let out a small sigh. "I suppose its okay." I say.

Quince nods his head and smiles. "Princess."

I nod my head back at him and watch as he turns away.

Garner takes me into his arms and starts to spin me softly in circles.

"Was he bothering you?" he asks quietly.