Chapter Nine -- Day 9

"Rose, we have to talk right now." Bryn says while walking into the infirmary.

I frown at him. "What about?" I wince a little as the nurse sticks the needle into my skin. The tubing begins to turn red with my blood.

He frowns. "What are you doing to her?" he asks.

"Taking a blood sample." The nurse replies.

Bryn looks at me. "Why do they need a blood sample?"

"They think I'm not from the past." I answer. "Now what do you want to talk about?"

He scowls. "Later... how much longer will you be?" he asks.

"Not much longer." The nurse replies. "You can wait in the other room Bryn if it's so important."

I fight back a laugh and watch as Bryn's face contorts into anger and he walks off.

As soon as he leaves the room I start to laugh.

The nurse laughs a little as well. "He always thinks he's so intimidating with that temper of his." She says. "But what he doesn't realize is that he looks like a kitten."

I start to laugh a little harder. "I never thought of it like that."

"Trust me, dear, you haven't seen him yet. That was only a little piece of his temper. Wait until he goes full on temper tantrum on you." She laughs a little and takes the needle out. "I think we have enough for now." She puts a bandage on my arm. "Eat something before you go and then you should be good."

I nod my head and slide off the bed. "Thank you." I tell her.

The nurse smiles, "No problem."

I smile back at her and start walking out of the room.

Bryn is sitting in one of the chairs when I walk out.

He jumps up to his feet. "What do they need your blood for?" he asks.

I shrug my shoulders. "I'll tell you later. What was it that you wanted?"

Bryn frowns. "I was going to ask you about that gem. I think we need to give it to the King. He'd know what to do about it more than we would. He can lock it up where it won't ever be seen again. That's a lot better hiding place than under my bed."

"If it's freaking you out that much, Bryn, we can hide it in my room." I tell him while walking.

He frowns. "Why would you want it in there?"

I shrug my shoulders. "We put it in your room because it was the middle of the night and we would've gotten into enough trouble if we continued walking around the palace with a muddy gem thing. We can move it tonight if it freaks you out."

"It doesn't freak me out." He replies.

I raise an eyebrow at him. "You could've fooled me, Bryn. I'm sorry for dragging you into this, but I don't know what else to tell you."

He sighs. "Yeah, I know. I just got this weird feeling last night after I went back to my room." He looks at me. "I didn't like it."

I nod my head slowly. "Then I'll move it. You don't have to worry about anything."

"We should get rid of it." He says. "Put it somewhere where it won't be found ever again."

I shrug my shoulders. "You know this land better than I do. What do you suggest?"

Bryn bites down on his bottom lip and stays quiet.

"Well?" I ask him.

He shrugs his shoulders. "I don't know... I'm sorry. Just give me a few days."