Chapter Twenty-Five -- Day 25

"Rose..." Bryn stands up from sitting on my bed when I walk into the room.

I frown at him. "What are you doing here of all places?" I ask him.

He bites down on his bottom lip and lowers his eyes. "I just want to talk... we haven't gotten to since you left."

I shake my head. "I don't want to talk to you."

"Then just listen." He says. "Five minutes. That's all I need."

I cross my arms over my chest. "Fine." I answer. "Five minutes."

Bryn gives me a small smile.

"I didn't want you to go because of how dangerous it is out there. There have been rumors that the dragons have gotten out. You don't want to see a dragon when it's angry..." he said quickly. "There's also rumors about another Kingdom starting. We haven't had time to look into it yet, but it could be very dangerous."

I roll my eyes. "I don't see where this is going." I tell him.

He takes my hands, uncrossing them from my chest and holding my hands in his.

"The thing is, I can't lose you, Rose. Not yet. Not after I found you." He lets go of my hand to cup my cheek.

"And you think keeping me locked up in here is a good thing?" I ask.
He shakes his head. "No. I just don't want you to go off like that again." He says. "Not without me anyway..." he bites his lip again and gets that sad look in his eyes.

"Bryn..." I go to pull away from him, but he only pulls me closer against his chest.

I move my hands onto his chest to keep some distance between us.

I can feel his heartbeat on my hand, it's racing.

"Bryn..." I whisper again.

He shakes his head. "I'm not going to let you go so easily, Rose." He leans in to press his lips against mine.

I turn my head, causing his lips to touch my cheek instead.

My heart begins to ache.

"I'll stay with you." I say when he pulls away. "On one condition."

"Anything." He agrees without hesitating.

I bite down on my bottom lip. "You and I go out to find Quince and Eria. I have a few things to talk to her about." I wrinkle my nose at the thought of her abandoning me.

Bryn laughs. "Alright, deal."

"Can we leave now?" I ask him.

Bryn frowns. "Like right now?" he asks.

"Now's a good as time as any."

He nods his head a little. "I guess so... do I have to bring anything?" he asks.

"Just yourself. Maybe a couple of weapons just in case we're attacked or something."

Bryn raises an eyebrow. "You plan on finding trouble?"

"Not if trouble finds us. That's the whole point of an adventure."

Bryn laughs a little bit. "Alright. Get your things together. I'll prepare the horses."

I nod my head. "I'm already ready to go." I say proudly.

Bryn nods his head. "Then let's go." He says. He holds out his arm to me and I take it with a smile on my face.