Chapter Thirteen -- Day 13

Rose's P.O.V

 "Rose, wait. What are you talking about?" Bryn grabs my arm and turns me to face him.

"I mean I'm going home." I say. I can hear my own voice cracking at the words. Which only makes me want to cry harder.

"I thought you didn't find out how." He says. "You can't just leave yet... please."

I shake my head and turn back to the room. There's nothing really to pack except change into the clothes I came in.

"There's no reason to stay, Bryn. I'm not wanted here."

"That's not true!" Bryn replies. He takes my arm in his hand again. "I want you here."

I shake my head again. "It's too late." I mumble. "I already made my choice." I walk out of the bedroom and start walking upstairs to the place where Garner and I first appeared in this world.

Surely my parents would be worried about me now. I can't just leave them without an answer to where I've gone. I wasn't going to do that to them.

"Rose, please..." Bryn pleads with me again. But I don't bother turning around to face him.

How could I? I mean, he and I were only friends and nothing else. He didn't, he couldn't, have any feelings for me. Right?

"Rose, just listen to me. Five minutes... please..."

"Bryn..." I turn around to face him. "There's nothing you can say to change my mind... I'm not going to stick around here and get in everyone's way. I have a family back home. People who are probably worried sick about me. I'm sorry but I have to go."

Bryn's blue eyes are brimming with tears. It makes me want to start crying all over again. I look away.

"You can't leave me, please..." he whispers.

I bite down hard on my bottom lip. "I'm sorry." I whisper back.

He reaches over and takes my hands in his own.

"Please..." He pleads one more time.

I shake my head and look away. "I have to go." I tell him. "Goodbye Bryn." I whisper. I pull my hands away from his and continue walking down the hall.

I'm just about to touch the mirror when Bryn pulls me back from touching it and kisses me on the lips hard.

I melt into the kiss and wrap my arms around his neck. His arms pull me closer to his chest.

"Please don't go." He whispers against my lips.

I bite my lip. "Bryn... you know I can't."

He frowns. "No I don't."

"Bryn..." I whisper.

He pulls away. "Rose..."

I shake my head quietly. "I'm so sorry..."

"Bryn, we need you on the front lines. The Kingdom is under attack!" One of the guards rushes inside.

Bryn looks over at me. I swear the light in his eyes is gone.

"Go..." I tell him. "You're needed out there." I give him a weak smile.

The guard pulls on Bryn's hand, pulling him out of the room.

Bryn looks at me sadly one last time before rushing away with him.

I watch him for a few seconds and wait for my breath to go back to normal.

I turn back to the mirror that brought me here. Surely there had to be some way to get back home.

"You're not going anywhere." Eria walks into the room. "You're coming with me."