Epilogue

15 years later..

I huffed, crossing my arms. For this is the third time I've called her name.

"Charlotte, I swear to god, if you don't hurry up, I'll-"

A scoff came from behind me, "You'll what?" She sneered. "Tell aunt Madison? Do it, she likes me better."

I rolled my eyes, pushing her away from me. "Get in the car, ugly. You're late."

As I drove Charlotte to school, the ride was silent. "They still treating you like shit?"

She shrugged, looking down. "It's a school full of bitches, what do you think?"

I rolled my eyes. "Fuck that shit, Charlie. If you want to be homeschooled, cyber schooled, or whatnot, say so now or forever hold your peace."

She shrugged, "Just drive, Em. You're annoying."

"I'm your sister."

"No, you're not."

I scoffed, pulling up to her school. "Fuck off Charlie. Have a good day in hell."

She got out and slammed the door, "Right back at you, Satan."

I groaned very loudly to myself, before speeding off. As I drove to my appointment, my leg shook the whole time.

Once I got there, I got out of my car and stormed into the office. I didn't bother knocking on the door before I walked in. "I'm pissed, I need to talk about it before I scream, and some more happy pills would be great!"

"Hello Emilia, nice to see you too." I rolled my eyes, plopping down on the couch. "And about those.." She cleared her throat, "Happy pills.. I can see up you're alright for me to up the dosage."

I nodded,

"Are you and your sister getting along?"

"Sister? According to her, I'm not her sister. It's not like I was the one to take care of her for most of her life or anything! Ugh, she's such a.." I trailed off, stopping myself from calling her what I really wanted to call her. "No.. I just, I am her sister."

Dr. Simmons sighed, "Do you think if your father would have told you before, you still wouldn't be feeling so hurt right now?"

I shrugged, "I don't know. It's not like he had the chance to tell me. After Demi died, he drowned himself in alcohol, it was traumatizing for all of us." I sighed, "It was all that he cared about, the booze."

Dr. Simmons sat and looked at me, probably waiting for me to say more. "Do you want more to add to your list of why I'm crazy?"

"You're not crazy, you've just gone through-"

"Hell. I've gone through and am still going through hell."

"Why?"

I took a deep breath, "Well it's almost the anniversary, I work too much, I go to school, and Charlie's just going through it all with me."

"She's getting bullied in school by a bunch of preppy, rich white kids and I don't know what to do." I chuckled, "I mean sure, I'm a white, I guess I'm a kid and rich, but my money doesn't define who I am. Who I am, defines who I am."

She nodded, "Okay Emilia, and who are you?"

"Easy, I'm a struggling 19 year old. I'm struggling with it all and I miss them."

"Miss who?"

"Demi.." I stopped, choking a bit. "M-My father."

"Justin?"

"Of course Justin. I have no other father because that prick in jail will never be."

I closed my eyes, setting my hands on my stomach as I took deep breaths. "I just still can't believe he's gone. And it's been 7 years." I cleared my throat, "Wanna know what's funny?"

"Hmm?"

"Every night when I was 12, every fucking night, I made sure to say to him that I loved him and that I will always love him. I think I was just preparing myself for what was to come. And I guess that prepping came in handy because when he killed himself, I wasn't as sad as I thought I'd be. I was more relieved."

Dr. Simmons hummed, writing things down. "Relieved? How so?"

"That he wasn't in pain anymore. He wasn't aching and mourning over a death that happened at the time, 8 years before. But I just never got why he waited so long to just end it. I hated seeing him in pain, it pained me. It pained me so much that when I finally cried, 3 months after his death, I didn't stop for 3 hours straight. But when I finally did, I realized what it was that I had to do. Not just for me or for Charlie, but for my father, for Demi."

"What do you have to do?"

I opened my eyes, not even bothering to wipe them. "Live."

An hour later..

"Why are you here? It's barely 10 and I do have school, Emilia."

I sighed, "I know. J-Just get in and shut the door." Charlotte did as I said and sighed once she got in. "7 years ago, after dad died, I made a promise."

"A promise to who?"

I looked at her, "To myself. I promised that I would live. Despite what I was going through at the time, how I was feeling, what I was doing.. It didn't matter. I just needed to live."

"Why are you telling me this?" She whispered.

"Because I need you to promise me that, too." I croaked on the verge of crying. "Charlie, I know we're not blood, but god damn it, you're my fucking sister. And I want you to know that it's okay to be sad, to feel alone, to just feel. I love you with all I have left in me, and that's not much anymore but a broken heart. Just promise me that no matter what is going on, that'll you'll live. You'll be the strong, awesome person you are and live."

Charlotte smiled a bit, chuckling quietly. "Well stop, I don't want to cry." The two of us laughed, as she wiped her eyes. "Fuck, Em. My makeup."

I scoffed, pushing her lightly. "But I promise. I promise that no matter what is going on, I'll live. I'll be the strong, awesome person I am and live." She repeated back to me.

Suddenly, her ams wrapped around me as she hugged me tightly. I was taken by surprise, but hugged her back. "Charlie, we'll be okay. I promise you we'll live."

And this ends the sequel to Confidential.

I thank you all for reading this series, and my was it hard to end it this way..

But.. This could possibly start something new. If you want the story of young Emilia and Charlotte Bieber to continue, just say so.

Love you like xo,

Mira.