Chapter 2

Justin

2 Days Later.. (Aka: Demi's arrival)

Another morning.. Another agonizing morning having to go to work, when I really don't want to. Sure I have it slightly easy, but it's work. And work? Well, it's boring.

This morning, I was greeted by the lovely face of my 3 year old daughter, Emilia. Like almost every morning, she's always the first to wake me when Sara, her mother isn't around.

"Well hello, beautiful." Emilia giggled, pulling on the blanket that covered me. "Should I get up?"

"Yes daddy! Mommy says that it's time for work and that you have to get up!" I chuckled to myself, throwing the blanket off of me and getting up with Emilia hot on my trail.

"How about you go downstairs and wait for me to get dressed, yeah?" Emilia nodded eagerly, running out of my bedroom. I entered my closet and in 5 minutes I was back out and dressed. I then walked into my bathroom to freshen up before going downstairs.

When I walked into my kitchen, Sara was at the counter on her phone, while Emilia was busy coloring something at the table. "I need you to take her today." Sara told me.

"Well, I can't," I said back to her. Which she should have known that already. "Destiny's going to be here any minute and we have a lot of things that we need to go over."

Sara scoffed, placing her coffee cup in the sink. "I have a photoshoot in an hour. How am I supposed to get Emilia to your mother's house and back into the city by then?"

I shrugged, "You don't. Just take Emi with you," I said. "She loves going to photoshoots with her mother and my mom doesn't have to see Emilia every single day."

"No gramma today?!" Emilia's voice asked, loudly.

I shook my head, "Not today. You're going with mommy." I said to Emilia, still looking at Sara who was glaring at me.

At that same moment, I had gotten a text from Destiny letting me know that she was here. I went over to Emilia placing a kiss on her forehead before going to the kitchen door. "I have to go. Destiny's here," I said to Sara getting my briefcase.

"Of course." She scoffed, "Don't want to keep your girlfriend waiting." Sara groaned.

For a year or so now, Sara's been convinced that Destiny and I are together. Total bullshit, when I wouldn't want to put the relationship that Sara and I barely have on the line again. Or ruin my relationship with Emilia in the long run, either.

I chuckled. "I'll see you later."

Emilia came to the door, yelling goodbye to me as I was leaving my house and going into Destiny's car. As soon as I got in, she sped off. "Tough morning?" She asked me.

"Besides Sara still convinced that you and I are together? Then no, not that tough of a morning."

"She really doesn't like me, does she?"

I laughed, "She doesn't like anybody."

Sara and I's relationship is very strange. 3 years ago, a month after a lot happened... I met Sara. At the time, she had just moved to New York from Australia because of her modeling, but instantly we hit it off. Not even a year together, and she was pregnant. We decided that we'd get married, thinking it'd be better for the both of us, but it really wasn't.

Now she just despises me, the two of us have different bedrooms, but we're still together for the sake of Emilia. The two of us make things a lot more worse and I just don't know why.

"Ready for a long day?"

"I'm never ready," I said, getting out of Destiny's car as we the walked into the building that I have been in everyday since I was 18. I really hate it here.

Destiny gasped, "Our very own CEO isn't ready?! Shocker!"

"If you were in my shoes, you'd understand."

She shrugged, "Well I'm only the Co-Executive, so I guess you're right." Destiny said laughing. Her and I got onto the elevator and awaited until we were at the top.

It didn't take much for Destiny to be in the position of this company that she's in. Over the years, her and I have gotten closer. If it wasn't for Destiny and her being there for me after all that's gone on, I don't think I'd know what to do.. At all

As we came upon arrival to the 30th floor, Destiny and I went among ourselves and into our offices. Right as I got into my office, I was met with somebody in one of my chairs, their backs facing me.

"Um, hello?" I said cautiously. The person stood and turned around, my eyebrows furrowed.

"Hello, I'm Adam Holland; part of DeLa Garza Enterprises from California?" He said back, as if I had no idea that he was coming.

The two of is shook hands,"Right, right. I didn't know you had planned on traveling from California for something so silly."

He chuckled, "There's nothing silly about business, Mr.Bieber. My parter and I are very serious about what's going on here."

"Partner?" I questioned, "You seem to be by yourself right now."

"Well I'm his partner," a voice spoke up. I stayed where I was, my back to the person because I didn't want to turn around.

The boy from before walked around me and to that person behind me. "Mr. Bieber, this is my partner.. Demi Lovato." I turned around and Destiny was standing right beside the two strangers.

Destiny came beside me, "I was going to tell you, I just.." I put my hand up to silence her.

"Mr. Bieber, it's a pleasure to meet you. For something so silly." She mocked, shaking my hand as if it was our first time meeting each other. Instantly, her tone changed, "But the thing is, it's not silly. This is strictly business, and quite frankly I'm annoyed that I have to be doing it with you."

I leaned in, "Well then this will be fun for the both of us... Miss. Lovato."