Chapter 10

Demetria

It was about fifteen minutes of anxiously waiting in the doctor's office with Destiny. Sneaking out of the office to come here was one of the most hardest things that I had to do. But the fact that no one has contacted us, must mean that we're good.

My leg was shaking rapidly, my mind and heart were both racing at a thousand miles per hour and I just wanted answers. "It's going to be okay." Destiny assured.

"Not if I'm pregnant, it's not." She then sighed.

Destiny and I exchanged looks as the doctor came into the room. Dr. Francis chuckled to himself, setting his clipboard down. "Don't have a panic attack."

I looked around, "Me? I-I'm not having a panic attack.. I just need to know."

"Well, you're not pregnant." He said flatly.

"I'm not? Then I'm not sure what explains all of what's happening.."

"You're not." Dr. Francis crossed his arms, leaning back. "Have you ever heard of pseudocyesis?"

"No? Is it bad? Is that what I have?"

He nodded, "It's not bad per say, and it's not something to freak out about. It happens a lot, believe it or not. What pseudocyesis is, it's having symptoms of pregnancy, but you're not actually pregnant."

"But I've been throwing up."

"And a lot of people do," he laughed. "You took multiple tests, we checked and they were all negative." My eyebrows furrowed, "But I'm starting to think that's not what you wanted to hear."

I shook my head, "No! Honestly, it was what I did want to hear. I guess I'm just confused."

He nodded, while writing something down on a small notepad. "I understand," he said handing me the paper. "But I'm more than just a doctor."

I looked down at the paper. "Are you recommending me to a shrink?"

"I'd like to see myself as a psychologist," he corrected me. "I think you could use a session. First one on me, and trust me, you'll thank me later."

I sighed, pulling Destiny's arm. "I don't think a shrink will help me." I told him, heading to the door. "But I'll keep it in mind."

Destiny and I walked out of the doctor's office and into her car. "Do you think he's single?" She asked me, starting up her car.

"By the looks of his wedding band, yes?" Destiny groaned, pulling out on to the freeway. "You would have known if you were staring at anything else but his face, Des."

"But he looks so young and is so cute!" Her and I laughed, and she shrugged innocently. "I miss this Demi."

"Miss what?"

"Us. Our friendship. These past three years have sucked without my best friend."

I smiled, glancing out the window. "Awe, Des. What about Justin, you two have gotten close."

"I could say the same about the two of you," she smirked. "And him and I had no other choice but to be friends when we started really working together. But I'd choose you over him any day. No offence, but it isn't easy talking girl talk with your boss."

Okay, she had a point.

"So what is going on with the two of you?"

I looked at her, "That is another talk, for another day."

Destiny and I got back to the office, just as my brother was leaving. Daniel and I passed by each other, not saying a single word to one another.

A smile appeared on my face as soon as I saw Justin. Once he saw me, he smiled as well and made his way towards me. Destiny pushed me, nudging me forward.