Chapter 3

Demetria

"Are you sure you want me to go in alone?" Adam asked me. I was too busy contemplating in the car on whether or not I wanted that.

I looked at Adam before looking out the window, "Yes. Just go in now because he gets here early."

"Who?"

"What?"

He chuckled, "Who gets here early?"

Fuuuuuck.

"Nobody. I have no idea what you're talking about," I said. "Just go Adam! And hurry up. I'll meet you there, okay?" I rushed him, pushing him out of the car.

"Are you ok-" I pulled the door shut and sat back.

I sighed, "Take me to the nearest café, please." I told my driver, Ian. My head was pounding, I felt itchy and anxious. Right about now, I'd like to be at home, in my penthouse in Cali, not here in New York, wasting my time on something so stupid.

Once Ian dropped me off at the nearest café, I went in and sat down. The calmness of this place, instantly calmed me down for what was to come.

As soon as I laid my head down in my folded arms, I felt a tap on my shoulder. When I looked up, a man with blonde, almost white hair and blue eyes was standing before me. His attire was quite appealing; he had on a dark blue suit and black shoes. In other words, I was impressed.

"Are you here alone?"

I nodded, chuckling to myself, "Yes and I'd kind of like to keep it that way."

"Are you sure I can't get you a coffee?"

I thought for a moment, "Free coffee?" He nodded, "Why the hell not." I stood up with the man an walked to the counter, where we waited in line.

"I'm Kale," he said, putting his hand out.

I shook it, "Demi." He nodded accordingly, looking me up and down. "What?"

"Just wondering what a girl like you is doing here so dressed up."

"I could ask you the same," I chuckled.

"I'm the assistant of some guy at a top notch company," Kale told me. He didn't sound tok fond of his job, but I was interested.

I raised an eyebrow, "Really? Where at?"

"Bieber Incorporated." Why wasn't I surprised? Damn Justin really needs to step it up.

"I just so happen to be going there." Kale and I got our coffees and walked back towards the table I was at. "I'm kind of in charge of some top notch company in California and am here for a meeting with the boss."

"As in Mr. Bieber?"

"Indeed."

Kale and I drove back to Bieber Inc together and when we got in the building, so many unwanted memories fled back into my mind.

I took a very deep breath before stepping out of the elevator after a short five minutes of being there. Right off the bat, my eyes connected with the back of a blonde.

"See you around?" Kale whispered. I only nodded, because God knows how long I'll actually be here. I straightened out my skirt before walking forward.

Please don't see me, please don't see me...

"Demi?"

I turned around, "Miss. Cyrus, it's a pleasure to see you again."

Her eyebrows furrowed, "Um yeah, you too. It's been so long. How are you?"

"I'm doing just fine, I'm here to see Mr. Bieber if that's okay." I excused myself walking around her. I heard her calling my name a lot but I ignored her.

Just as I was coming to the outside of Mr. Bieber's office, I heard the conversation of which him and Adam were having.

"Wait," Destiny called before I walked in. "Maybe you should wait here for a minute."

I shrugged, "I'd rather not." I told her honestly, letting myself in. I had to keep it together when I saw him. He looked so different. The tattoos, I think he had more. His brown hair from before was so much lighter and I was in shock to how.. Good he looked.

But I'm not here to make friends with the enemy.

"Well I'm his partner," I spoke up. Justin didn't move and his back was still to me.

Adam came beside me, placing his hand on my waist. "Mr. Bieber, this is my partner.. Demi Lovato." And that was when he turned around.

Destiny went beside Justin, "I was going to tell you, I just.." She then went quiet.

I walked toward him, "Mr. Bieber, it's a pleasure to meet you. For something so silly." I mocked, after hearing what he had to say about us being there. I shook shaking his hand. Instantly, my tone changed, "But the thing is, it's not silly. This is strictly business, and quite frankly I'm annoyed that I have to be doing it with you."

I gulped when he leaned in, "Well then this will be fun for the both of us... Miss. Lovato."

More of mine and Adam's colleagues, including my brother were coming to New York to discuss all of what is going to happen.

The decision to whether or not, our two companies were going to merge on this project was beyond me, but I was more than grateful when Adam got the call that they were coming.

If sitting in an awkward silence could kill you, Imd be dead right now. We had just got word about Daniel and the others coming, so what were we to discuss in the mean time? Technically, I don't even have to be here at this moment, but I am.

"I need air, the silence is suffocating me." I pushed my chair back, getting up. Adam and Justins' eyes were both on me, watching me leave.

This couldn't get any worse right now.

Right when I left, I turned and bumped into something. When I looked down, a little girl was looking up at me. "Well hello."

"Hi." She replied, smiling at me.

I smiled back, "Are you lost?"

"I'm looking for my daddy," she answered, pointing behind me. "Is he in there?"

"Um... Hold on." I turned back around and opened the door to Justin's conference room. "Mr. Bieber, I think there's somebody here for you."

Justin excused himself from Destiny and Adam and walked out. I pointed down behind me.

"Emi, what are you doing here?"

"Mommy brought me here." I looked between Justin then down at the little girl.

"Of course she did," Justin muttered before turning to me. "Could you take her back to my office?"

"I.."

"Thanks," he turned to the little girl again, "Emilia, go with my, uh, friend Demi.. Okay?"

Emilia nodded, "Yes daddy."

Daddy?! Holy fucking shit, Justin's a father... And married?

A lot really can happen in 3 and a half years.

stay beautiful, even though it just comes naturally.

- Mira