Chapter 36

Third Person POV

Justin and Demi pulled up to the apartment building Madison lived in and were greeted by the wailing of police and ambulance sirens, along with people crowding around the complex.

Running hand in hand, the two then separated. Demi ran towards the ambulances, looking for Madison as Justin ran straight toward the apartment.

"I'm sorry sir, but you can't go in there," an older policeman told Justin, preventing him from going inside the apartment.

Justin shook his head, trying to het around the man. "You don't understand, my sister is in there! Sh-She's the one that called! I need to go in there."

The man moved out of the way and Justin continued. Just as he was about to run inside, he was stopped. Coming out of the building were coroner workers rolling out a body in a black bag on a gurney.

That didn't stop Justin from going inside. He knew that his sister was not on that gurney. He knew that she was okay.

"Madison!" He called, entering the apartment. "Madison, where are you?!"

A gasp came from the bloody 19 year old as she spotted her brother. "Justin!" Madison cried, running over to him.

Despite the blood all over Madison's clothing, Justin held onto his crying sister tightly. "Madison, what happened? Where's Trenton?"

Madison stood, letting go of her brother as she shook her head. "I-I can't tell you."

"Madison please, you have to tell me what happened."

Justin lifted Madison's chin, leaving her no other choice than to tell him. "I-I killed him."

Demetria

At the hospital, Madison refused to let anybody in the room with her. The police followed us here and like always, they had made a full investigation out of everything.

"Stop pacing," I told Justin. He was walking in a circle, from here to there, mumbling incoherent curse words. "Justin stop."

He let out a throaty sigh, sitting down beside me. "I'm happy she killed that bastard." I looked up at a policeman that was walking before us.

I shook my head, leaning over to him. "You don't mean that."

He chuckled, "Sure I do. If she didn't, I would have." The policeman stopped, glaring at Justin. I gave him a small smile, watching him as he walked away.

"Stop talking Justin, you'll get yourself in trouble." Pattie spoke strictly, smacking Justin's shoulder. "Just shut up."

Justin leaned forward, pulling on the ends of his hair. When he sat up, his father came approaching us. Immediately, both Pattie and Justin got up and went towards him. I shook my head, quickly following behind them. There was no way I was going to let anymore go on tonight.

"What are you doing here?" Justin asked, glaring harshly at his father. "Nobody wants you here."

Jeremy sighed, "Madison is my daughter."