Chapter 27

"...I'm so sick of that same old love, that shit it tears me up."

5 months later..
Madison

Ever since the night at the hospital, Trenton has been acting different. Well, it was ever since that gala I invited him to, actually. It's like, no matter what I do, it was never right. Never okay, and he hated my every move. And I never did anything wrong.

After I heard about how he was like working for my brother, it scared me. He never let himself be somebody else under another person's control while he's been with me, and Grace must of been one smart girl to make him under her control.

He no longer works at any company. He never even had a degree in business, him and my brother were actual friends and that's how he got the job. He had a degree in education, though and right now he was a fill in teacher at the High School I used to attend.

It was going on 12 when I got to the school to bring him his lunch he had left back at his place. I didn't tell him that I was coming and decided to surprise him instead. Maybe that'll make him not hate me a little bit more.

As I was approaching the department he was filling in at today, the door was cracked open and I heard faint talking. Maybe he's on the phone, I thought. I shrugged, walking in the room anyways.

My eyes widened. "Oh.. I-" I shook my head, stepping back out of the room. I leaned against the wall, closing my eyes and thinking about what I just saw. Did I see it? Was I daydreaming? What the fuck.

I looked over when the same girl I saw Trenton "talking" to, walked out of the classroom with her head down. My eyes followed her until I couldn't see her anymore.

"Madison." Trenton called. I took a deep breath before turning back into the classroom. I stomped over to him, throwing his stupid lunch away. "What the fuck?"

"What the fuck?! Yeah, Trenton, what the fuck?" I shouted, crossing my arms. "What the fuck were you just doing?"

He shrugged, "Helping her?"

"You don't sound too sure," I laughed, shaking my head. "Does "helping her" involve your hands down her pants?"

Trenton sighed, "Madison, you're obviously seeing things."

"You're right. Very inappropriate things, Trenton! I can't believe you, that's sick." I scoffed, turning away from him to get out of the room.

I gasped when he pulled me back from my arm, slamming me against the door that then closed it. "When you walk out of that door, you keep your mouth shut. Got it?" He spat, getting very close to my face.

I pushed him off of me. "Yeah, we'll see about that." The next time, I turned, I didn't get fully around when a stinging sensation fell upon my face.

"No, Madison. That is what I expect. Do I make myself clear?!"

I sniffed, wiping my eyes. "Crystal." I whispered, slowly turning around and walking out of the classroom. Once I was out, I ran back to my car, in complete tears.

As soon as I got it in myself to drive away, I only thought of one place to go and one person I knew would help me.

(Demetria)