Chapter 15

"Water, Miss Demetria?"

I looked up at Rosa and she had a metal pitcher of water in her hands. "No thank you, Rosa."

Just two hours ago, Adam and I got to my parents house in the hills of Malibu. Thankfully, we parted ways with Sara as she went elsewhere. My guesses are that she went to some luxurious, huge ass hotel to meet up with Adam later tonight.

As of now, it was going on 7 and my parents' chefs were bringing out our food. I have yet to eat anything because I haven't found my appetite to eat around shallow people.

"Demi, how about you help me with something quick?" My mother asked me as she stood up to go to the kitchen.

I ignored my fathers and Adam's stares that they gave and stood up as well to follow. "Are you going to listen to me now?" I asked her. My mom sighed, going into the refrigerator for something. "Mom, seriously?!"

"Do not speak to me like that, Demetria. Whatever your problem is, take it up with your father. Got it?"

"No, I don't got it! I'm not going to stay in this house and be ignored or looked at like I'm talking out of my ass, when I know what I mean!"

"This conversation is over, Demetria." I turned to leave the kitchen when the front door rang, "Get the door."

Huffing, I walked out of the kitchen, through the dining room and to the door. Once I opened the door, I stepped out. "What are you doing here?!"

"I couldn't be away from you," Justin chuckled "Besides, what kind of prince would I be if I didn't save my princess?" He asked, mocking what Adam called him once before.

"Wait here," I told him before I went back in, shutting the door.

"Who was it?" My mother asked as soon as I turned around.

"A little kid selling candy, I told him no." I walked around her to the coat rack. "I'm going to go for a walk."

"What about dinner?"

"Not hungry," Before she could interrogate me any longer, I quickly made an exit from my parents' house. I found Justin in his car close by the house and I went over and got in.

"Where to now?" He asked, starting up his car. "Just drive, I'll tell you when."

+

It was an half hour later when we got to Adam and I's penthouse. "Nice place you got here."

I shrugged, flipping on a few more lights, "It's nothing really. Just my two years savings, first it was just my place. Slowly but surely, it became his place too."

Justin say down on my sofa and I sat down beside him. "Do you want to tell me why you came back?"

"Do you want to know?" He nodded, "Okay then I guess I will tell you." I took a deep breath before starting up again.

"When my parents found out that Adam and I were together, they weren't surprised. Little did I know was that they knew that Adam and I were going to be together because they planned it. I guess when I was little, his parents and my parents made some kind of compromise that Adam and I were to get married. But of course I'm the only one not getting anything out of it. Instead, Adam gets all of the money that I make so if I'd ever wanted to leave him, I could but have absolutely nothing since everything I had would be his."

"Haven't you tried talking to them? I mean do they not know what he's done to you all that time in New York? He hurt you. " I shook my head, "There has to be something that somebody can do."

"I asked my dad to just pay him off to leave me alone, but he won't. They don't know who he really is. I don't even know who he really is after what happened.." I mumbled, looking down.

"After what happened?" I looked back up, "Is there something else that you found out?"

How am I supposed to tell him what I found out on the plane? Where do I even start? Telling him this will break his heart, but keeping it from him won't make anything else better either.

"I-uh no. I'm just thinking about him hurting me.. Like you said. I guess I really didn't know who he was like I thought I did. People really do change."

Justin placed his hand on my thigh. "You know, if you need me to do anything. Like talk to Adam maybe, I will. Just tell me."

"No," I spat. "Sorry, I just don't think that'll be a good idea.."

"Well, when are you coming back to New York?" He asked.

"Whenever you leave, I'm coming with you. I don't care if I'm allowed go or not, wherever you go, I go."

- Mira.