Chapter 39

Today, we were going back home.

There aren't many good things for me to say about this trip, because it sucked.

Many parts of me feel like Daniel did this on purpose. For crying out loud, him and I hadn't even had a civil conversation in almost a year. And he's supposed to be my brother, when now all he is, is my enemy.

As I walked up to the jet, Daniel was standing by the entrance. I shook my head, looking down. "No goodbye?" He asked.

"Goodbye, Daniel. Thanks for inviting us to accompany you on this shitty trip." I responded, walking up the stairs.

The plane door closed behind me and when I walked in, it felt like something was missing. Or maybe it was someone that was missing.

Everyone, Justin included were passed out. I smiled at the sight of Justin. He had Charlotte in his arms and Emilia was snuggled up beside them. As much as I wanted to join, I refrained and sat down in the front.

Two hours into the plane ride, I felt myself drifting off. Just as I was closing my eyes, I felt a tug on my arm. Looking over, Emilia was climbing into yhe seat beside me. "Are you okay?" I asked her.

"Are you okay?" She then asked me.

I nodded, "Yes. Why wouldn't I be?"

"Because last night, I heard you coughing really bad! Do you think you're sick? Maybe like a cold or something?" Her soft voice said, a concerned look was on her face.

I hummed, thinking back to last night. I guess she was right, I remember coughing up a lot. Maybe I am getting sick. "Hm, well I feel a lot better now. I'm sure it was nothing, but you're sweet for caring." I laughed lightly.

She nodded, "I just had to know, Demi. I hate when people I love are sick."

I awed to myself, smiling down at the four year old. I swear, sometimes she acts as if she's older. She's too smart. "You love me?"

"Of course I do. You're like my second mommy."

"Well I love you too, Emilia."

Emilia laid her head on my shoulder, "Can I lay on you?"

I chuckled, "Sure you can."

6 hours later..

Everyone was now awake and we were all just getting back to the house. "Where's Destiny? She wasn't on the flight back. Did we forget her?" Madison asked.

I knew someone was missing, I just didn't know who until Madison pointed out that it was Destiny. Mads and I turned to Justin, who was looking down.

"Uh.. She left early. Like late Tuesday night."

It was now Thursday.

I chuckled, shrugging. "Why? That makes no sense."

"Because she quit."

Madison looked at me as I watched Justin walk upstairs with Charlie. He didn't even bother saying anything else and just walked away. "Well don't just stand there, come on. We have to find out why." Madison said, dragging me out of the house.

"Woah, slow down. You're making me dizzy."

Madison stopped, turning around. "Okay, maybe we shouldn't go. You don't look too good."