Chapter 30

Some things are better left unsaid

12:04 AM

I've always hated when cars would pass by the bedroom window at night. The light scares me and makes it harder to fall asleep.

I laid on my back, looking up at the ceiling. My eyes were wide open, so I know I wasn't getting sleep any time soon. The subtle sounds of the wind gushing by outside, calmed my worked up nerves as I glanced at the empty space beside me.

Constant thoughts were going in and out of my mind, my eyes were glued to his side of the bed. It's not like he was gone, because he wasn't. Just everything bad that's beginning up again, makes it feel like he isn't here.

Actually, if I listen hard enough, I can hear him tapping away on the keyboard in the nearby room. Then the tapping stopped. All that was making noise around me became silent and that was when I decided to get up.

I groaned at the discomfort of my feet as I dragged myself out of our bedroom and to the closed door of his office. Just before I went in, I stood outside and listened.

"You're right, it was stupid. I just thought we agreed not to talk about it anymore.." Justin spoke to whoever it was that he was talking to. "I'll just see you on Thursday, alright.." "Okay, yeah. Bye."

Who was he talking to? And what did they agree on? Damn, all of the bad speculations I had before that went away, just came back. I knocked lightly before entering.

In front of his now closed door, was where I stood. He looked at me, seeming worried and he got up and made his way towards me. "Hey.." He paused, touching my cheek. I flinched, backing away. "Are you... What's wrong?"

"Nothing," I lied, shaking my head. "I just don't like sleeping alone, you know that."

"Right, just give me a second." I watched him go back to his laptop, doing a few more things on it before shutting it. "Okay, lets go."

I turned around and opened the door, walking back out of his office with him trailing close behind me. When we entered our room, he turned into the bathroom.

I sat on the bed, glancing into the bathroom. "So... Who were you talking to on the phone?"

"Destiny." He muttered, the sink turned on immediately after, I rolled my eyes and laid back onto the bed.

The sink turned off and before he walked out of the bedroom, I quickly shut my eyes. "Are you awake?" I heard him ask me. "Guess so."

Sure, I wanted to be asleep, but I wasn't. Obviously, falling asleep has become a struggle for me ever since he's been back. Especially when last night, he was dreaming about somebody else than me.

3:10 PM

The next afternoon, I this time I usually go see Justin. Today, I wanted to do something by myself and there was no other thing I'd rather do than get coffee. My doctor says that I shouldn't have it, but I only drink it every now and then.

Once I got to the café and got my coffee, I sat myself in a corner away from everybody else. More texts from Justin that I was ignoring kept coming through.