Chapter 24

Demetria

Justin and I went back to his office after a long, quiet, and awkward lunch. I had let go of the subject of Emily for the most part, but that didn't mean that I'm over it. Because, I'm not.

I also have a really bad gut feeling about tonight. I know that Trenton isn't going to be there, but whenever I have a weird feeling about something, that something is either worse than what I expected or not that bad at all. I'm hoping that it's not that bad at all because if someone ruins tonight for Justin, I will ruin them.

Justin seems so happy ever since we decided not to take a break. Even though at the time I wanted to, I couldn't actually find it in my heart to do so. He's been going through so much, he's stressed, and I'm sure that I'm half of the reason why.

After Paul dropped us back at the company and Justin and I were off to his story of the building. While him and I were in the elevator, he was just getting off the phone with somebody.

"If it makes you feel any better about tonight, Madison is going to be there." I shrugged, I guess that's a bit better. "She's bringing her boyfriend."

My eyes widened as I directed my attention towards him. The elevator dinged and the two of us walked out. "Boyfriend?"

He groaned, "Yes."

I chuckled, "Aw, little Madison is growing up!"

"Please, don't remind me." Justin glared at me as I followed behind him to his office.

"Well what's his name?"

"No idea, and I don't care."

"You're such a poor sport, Justin." I laughed, sitting down. "So back to Emily."

"Demi, seriously? She didn't do or say anything wrong. So can we please stop talking about her?"

"Fine," I rolled my eyes, standing up again. "I'm going to go talk to Destiny." Justin didn't say much of anything to me, so I just up and left his office.

On my way to her office, I bumped into somebody, causing their things that they had in their hands, fall on the ground. Me being the person I am, apologized immediately. "I am so sorry! I swear I didn't mean to bump into you."

I helped the person, handing them their things before I came face to face with them. "Oh, you're alright. It's okay." The taller, brunette woman in front of me said. "I'm Samantha."

"Demetria." I shook her hand, "But call me Demi."

"Such a pretty name." Samantha smiled, pulling her hand away from me.

"Thank you."

She looked down, glancing over a paper. "Could you possibly tell me where I could find Mr. Bieber?"

My eyebrows knitted together. Why does she need Justin? "Yeah, I can show you actually." I began walking back to Justin's office with Alex following behind me.

Her and I walked in Justin's office and he was typing away on his desktop. "Justin, you have a visitor."

He stopped and stood up. "Miss. Gomez, am I right?" I looked at Samantha and she nodded. "It's nice to meet you." Justin shook her hand and he just held on for too long.

The aroma in the room felt really awkward. "I'll see you later?" Justin turned attention towards me. I looked at Samantha then back at him.

"Yeah, you sure will, babe." I emphasized on babe, making it loud and clear that Justin was mine and that little miss Samantha can keep away.

I left his office once again and went straight to Destiny's. When I barged in, she was just sitting at her desk, doing nothing. "Who is she?!"

"Woah there, tiger. Who is who? What are you talking about?"

I huffed, sitting down. "This Samantha girl. Samantha Gomo or something? Who is she?!"

Destiny chuckled, "Gomez?"

"Whatever!"

"She's just an intern, Demi. I'm sure she won't be here for long."

"But she's Justin's intern. That's not okay." I crossed my arms. "We all know what happened last time a girl came into this office to work with him. That girl is now pregnant with his baby." I said, pointing to myself.

Destiny snickered, shaking her head. "You need to chill, Demi. Justin may be stupid at times, but I'm sure he's not going to knock her up." I sighed. "Listen, I have a meeting in 10 with Justin, so I need to get going now. But I'll see you tonight, okay?"

I stood and went to the door with Destiny. "Fine, I'll see you later." I stopped before leaving. "I swear if anything, and I mean ANYTHING does happen between them, your ass is grass."

Destiny chuckled, which then turned into a fit of laughter. "I can't take you seriously, I'm sorry." I groaned, flicking her off. "I-I love you!" She shouted after me, still laughing.

No one takes me seriously, nowadays! I may be pregnant, but I will kick somebody's ass. The sass is real.

8 o'clock that night..
The Company's Gala

Justin and I got back to the company and into the ballroom around 8 o'clock. There's never a time that him and I are actually on time. I swear we were the last ones to show up.

As soon as we walked in, we were greeted by Samantha. What is that woman doing here? "Hi! It's nice seeing you guys again!" She chirped.

I rolled my eyes. "You too, Sam. Great job at the meeting today by the way."

Oh, so now she's just Sam? And she went to the meeting, too? I bet Justin called her a Greek Goddess, like he did me. But I'm Aphrodite, not her.

"Thank you!" Samantha turned to me, but I was avoiding eye contact. "Demi, you look so beautiful."

"Thank you." I responded. Samantha and Justin began talking about God knows what, when my eyes looked around the room. Immediately, they stopped at two familiar faces.

I patted Justin, trying to get his attention. He looked at me, "What?"

"I-I thought you said he wasn't going to be here." I whispered, moving closer to him. Justin's eyes looked where I was as our names were then called.

"Justin, Demi!" Madison shouted, coming towards us.

My eyes met with his. "Madison..."

"Guys, this is my boyfriend Trenton," she said wearing a big smile. "Trenton, my brother and his girlfriend.

Lots of love,
- Mira.