Chapter 8

Demetria

My lips stayed on Justin's, but I didn't kiss back. It felt so wrong, but so right. My heart was telling me one thing, while my head told another. "I-I can't.."

Justin's forehead leaned onto mine as he gazed into my eyes, it was a fight against the Gods that I had to beat in order to look away. "Yes, you can."

"No," I leaned back. "I can't Justin. No matter how much I want to- trust me I really want to, I just can't."

I looked over at Justin whose eyes were no longer on me. "This was a bad idea."

He scoffed, "You're damn right it was." I jolted back when he unexpectedly started the car up again and zoomed onto the road.

"Justin, I-"

"No!" I jumped at his sudden outburst. "Demi, just don't." His voice lowered. I just sat back and kept my mouth shut.

It was moments like this that I wish I never left New York. If I would have stayed, I would have finished college and done what I wanted to do. I could've stayed with Justin, I could've been happy.

Not once in a million years did I want to takeover my grandfather's business nearly 3,000 miles away from the love of my life.

Not once did I want to leave, meet somebody else, while my heart was here in New York. And not once..

NOT ONCE did I want to be "that girl" who thought they found love again, just to be turned on and abused.

Dear God, if I could take it all back, I would. I would have NEVER left.

The next time I looked out of the window, I found myself in front of the hotel that I was staying in. I closed my eyes while I unbuckled my seatbelt. I didn't look at Justin as I opened the door to get out.

"Wait," he stopped me grabbing my arm. "As much as I want to blame you for stopping me, I don't. But I also don't regret kissing you. I have never missed something as much as I missed you and kissing you. Trust me, it will happen again and hopefully next time you'll feel what I still feel."

I looked around, shutting the door to his car again. "But how can you say that and be okay with that, Justin? What about Sara? Your wife, what about her?" I asked slowly.

"I don't know about her, but I know about you.. I know about us and I know that you miss it to, just admit it!"

"Of course I do, but I shouldn't and neither should you! Justin, we're both in h-"

"Don't even fucking say happy or healthy relationships because that's fucking bullshit! That's like saying I enjoy Sara and I's marriage and you enjoy being a somebody's punching bag!"

My blood boiled and I did not like how I was feeling right now. "One thing that hasn't changed about you is that smartass attitude!" I vigorously opened the door and got out. "Fuck you, asshole!" I shouted, slamming his door shut and hustling into the hotel.

I have officially decided that everyone I associate or have associated with is an arrogant asshole.

When I got closer to my room, I noticed that the door was halfway open. I slowly crept over to it, pushing it open. "Hello?" I walked in, keeping the door open behind me.

"You're back." I gulped, not moving a muscle as Adam came closer to me. "What's wrong, you look like you've seen a ghost." I smacked his hand away from touching me.

"I just came for something.." I said quietly, walking past him. "Why was the door open?"

"Must of forgot to close it," he told me.

Confidential: The SequelOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara