Chapter 51

Rosalind's POV

The whole car ride home was awkward. Clay and my dad wouldn't say one word to each other. My mom and I tried to cheer the mood up by playing some music and singing along but my dad just turned the radio back off.

As soon as we got home Clayton, my dad, Drake, Ace, Elliott, and some pack guards went to the meeting hall to discuss my safety. I honestly think they should be discussing safety for the whole pack, not just for me.

"Rosalind." My mom says as I enter the pack living room.
She walks over to me with a smile on her lips, "I'm going to be a grandma!"

We both laugh before I say, "I wish dad was as happy about this as you are."

My mom frowns, "Oh Rose hun, trust me, your father is happy."

"Then why doesn't he act like it?" I ask my mom. She smiles, "You're his little girl, he just doesn't want you to grow up."

My mom kisses my forehead before she walks up stairs; right then I hear a car pull into the pack drive way.

Wondering who it is, I walk outside. Once i'm outside I watch the car waiting for the people to get out, but when they're out I see it is my friend Kali and her mate Kaleb.

When Clay was gone for 5 years Kali and Kaleb would come and help my dad out with some stuff.

"Rose!" Kali cheers before she hurries over to me and wraps me in a hug.
"Kali! How have you been?! Where's Maddie?" I ask her. Kali has an adorable 4 year old daughter named Maddie that reminds me so much of myself when I was her age.

"She is asleep in the car." Kali says before she turns around to face her car. "Kaleb, will you wake Maddie?"

Her mate Kaleb sighs before he says, "She's scary to wake up! You wake her!"

Kali gives Kaleb a look and he puts his hands up in defeat before he opens the left door of the back seat of their car. Not long after he did that we heard a little girl yell, "YOU WOKE ME UP FROM MY PRINCESS DREAM!"

Kali and I both start laughing as Kaleb carries Maddie out of the car and over to us.

Maddie smiles a tired smile at me, "Rosie!"
Kaleb then let's Maddie down and she hugs my legs.

"Hi Maddie! Wow you're growing fast!" I tell her. Maddie just nods and I pick her up as she yawns.

"Long car ride got her beat!" Kali laughs slightly.

I just smile at Maddie as she rests her head on my shoulder, falling asleep.

"Where's Clay?" Kaleb asks me. I look at Kaleb with his dark hair and green eyes, "He's in the meeting hall right now. You could join the meeting if you want."

Kaleb nods before he gives Kali a kiss and walks away.

Kali then looks at Maddie as Maddie sleeps in my arms. "I can take her-"

I cut Kali off, "No, it's fine. How long are you guys staying?"

Kali shrugs her light shoulders.

Kali is what they call a snow wolf — she has light blonde hair, blue eyes, a paler skin tone and a white wolf. Her mate is the total opposite; Kaleb is the Alpha of the darkness wolves and their packs are rivals so it's amazing how well things are going for them.

"Just a few days." Kali tells me.

"Well let's get you guys a room to stay in then!" I cheer before heading inside the pack house with Maddie in my arms and Kali following behind.

Once I was done helping Kali get all her bags carried in I went to Clay's office to see him, but when I got there I find that he isn't in his office. I frown and mind-link him,

'Where are you?'

It doesn't take him long to reply, 'Just got done checking every border and now I'm going to start training, why are you hurt?! What's wrong!'

I laugh to myself at how protective Clay is. 
'I'm fine, I just miss you.'

He replies quickly, 'I'll be with you in about half an hour princess.'

Right as I am about to walk back out of his office I stop myself — it is messy in here. I turn back around and and walk over to Clay's desk before I start organizing everything like I did before.

Once I was done organizing I hear a knock on the door. I look up and watch as Kali walks in. I smile at her, "Hey, Maddie wake yet?"

She nods, "Yea, Maddie woke but as soon as she did she found Clay when he was coming inside from training and immediately she wanted to go for a ride on his wolf. Of course he couldn't say no."

I smile and walk out of Clay's office with Kali.

Sorry it's short guys! But I've been busy this past week & I've had bad writers block :(
& Kali, Kaleb, and Maddie are here from the story Snow Wolf by my friend Chloebug_03 :)