Chapter 9

Clayton's POV

I sit outside looking at the bear I gave to Rose two years ago.

She's such a sassy little thing when mad, it's actually cute. But, I hate that she's 'wad' at me, my wolf is 'wad' at me too now because our mate hates me.

It's my fault, I should've told Damon I didn't find my mate yet. I mean, how stupid can I be to think he was talking about Rosalind?

I also have to go to the LycanRiver Pack tomorrow with my mate. I don't know how I'm going to tell Blake my mate is six, unless I don't bring her with and tell him my mate is busy but I can't stand the thought of her not being in the same house as me and not being under my protection.

I sigh and stand up, taking the bear with me, I walk into the pack house and see Lacey talking to female pack member.

My decision is made; I'm taking Rose with me.

I walk over to Lacey, "Alpha Clayton." She says turning to me and bowing her head in submission while the other girl walks away.

"Lacey, I need to visit the LycanRiver Pack tomorrow and I want to bring Rose with, if it's okay with you since you are her mother."

"I understand you want her with you because she is your mate, but I don't think it would be too safe and Rose wouldn't be happy without me or Damon with."

I growl when she says it wouldn't be safe — she's safest when with me, I would do anything to protect that little girl! And she wouldn't be happy? I'm her mate, nobody can make her more happy than I can.

"Lacey, please. You could come with for Rose! I just can't leave her here."

Lacey looks at me with her blue eyes, the same color as Rose's big ones.

"Oh, alright. I'll go get her stuff packed." Lacey says walking away. Glad she said yes, I wouldn't survive one hour that far away from Rose.

The wind blows through my grey fur as I run through the Southern Woods. I stop running when I smell Damon, I turn around and see his brown wolf walking over to me.

'Damon.' I say through mind-link.

'Alpha Clayton, I heard you're going to visit the LycanRiver Pack tomorrow and that you're taking my daughter with.'

'Yes, I am.'

He sits down in front of me, 'Instead of taking Lacey you will be taking me with.'

'You don't make the decisions, Damon. Don't forget who the Alpha here is.' I warn him.
'Besides, I need my beta here to take care of the pack while I'm gone.' I add.

'The Delta can take care of the pack while we're gone. Alpha Clayton, if you want Rose with you have to take me with.' He growls.

I growl back at him and stand high above him. He shrinks his head down bowing to me, as all wolves do to their Alpha.

'Fine.' I tell him before we each go in seperate directions, he heads back to the pack, and I go for a longer run.

I wake up to sunlight shining through my bedroom window; today's Thursday.

I get out of bed and walk to my bathroom, I turn the water on in the shower and get undressed before going in the hot water.

The burning water helps melt my problems away and clears my mind, until I smell Rosalind's scent. It's not strong enough for her to be in my room, but then I remember her grey teddy bear I gave her.