Chapter 39

Clayton's POV

When we get to a spot in the woods that has huge rocks all around - perfect for rogues to hide before they ambushed my sister, I look around and see blood covering everywhere.

I growl at the sight as Elliott mind-links me,

'Alpha, there's no way she could have survived this,'

I snarl at him as he says that. He lowers his head in submission before he says, 'The rogues headed North,'

North is the direction of Blake's pack, I need to speak to that ass Blake.

I turn and run back to my pack house, before shifting out of my grey wolf and getting pants on.

I hurry into my office and grab the phone - dialing Blake's number.

After a few rings he answers,
"What do you want Clayton."

"Rogues, they headed towards your pack-" he cuts me off,

"There are no rogues around my pack."

I growl at him through the phone and say, "Blake, they killed Nicole, or she might still be alive.. Hopefully."

Blake goes quite. He used to be best friends with Nicole, that is until he turned into an ass. Nicole stopped caring about everything he did, but he stilled cared for her.

"I will check around my territory a couple of times but that's it - and I'm not doing this for you. I'm doing this for Nic."

With that he hung up.

I set the phone down and look outside my office window.

"Please be alive." I said to nothing as I thought of Nicole.

Rose enters my office and looks at me. I feel a little happiness as I see her.

"Clay," she pauses and tears fill her eyes before she continues, "Emma explained everything to me. Every detail. Nicole is dead."

I stand up and hit my fists on the table, making Rose jump.

"Clay, she had her heart ripped right out of her chest."

"She's lying. I know she is." My wolf starts to come to the surface and Rose walks over to me. She places her small hand on my cheek and warmth calms me.

This is why mates are needed, for when you get out of control they are there to fix it. If my sister would have died and I never met Rose, god it would be a hell of a lot worse.

Thinking of my sister dying causes me to fall to my knees. Rose tries to calm me more as I hide my face in her belly, crying.

As I sit in my office chair thinking of all the ways my sister could be alive Ace comes opens my office door before saying, "Alpha Clayton, Alpha Ryker along with a few of his trackers and fighters are here."

This is it. I can find out if my sister is alive or dead. I stand up before following Ace out of my office. We walk outside and there standing is a guy who looks about the same age as Nic.

His hair is dirty blonde and he looks upset. I walk up to him so we are face to face and he asks, "Where is Nicole."

I shake my head and say, "I don't know."
He growls and says, "You don't know where her body is?" Tears come to his eyes as he shakes with anger.

When I hear those words my heart drops to the pit of my stomach. She is dead?

"WHERE IS MY MATE'S BODY." He says as his voice cracks while he is on the verge of crying.

"She is not dead. She can't be." I say as I stare at him.

"You don't think I'd know? I felt it - I felt the pain she went through and her death." As he says that his eyes turn yellow which means his wolf has took control.

"No. She is not dead. I won't believe any of this, I am going to find my baby sister." I tell him.

I probably shouldn't have said that out loud as he growls, he takes a step towards me but Rose then comes outside and runs over to us.

She gets between us and says, "Alpha Ryker, your beta Emma needs to speak with you."
Ryker closes his eyes for a moment before he opens them again,

"Where is Emma?" He asks.

Ace then adds into the conversation, "She is in the pack hospital, follow me."

Ace turns and Ryker follows him along with his trackers and fighters.

Once they are out of sight Rose turns and looks at me. She sighs and says, "Clayton you have to believe the truth."

I growl at her, "She is not dead. I know it."
Rose looks at me for awhile and I then turn and head inside the house. I can't take everyone, including my mate, telling me that my sister is dead.