Chapter 15

Clayton's POV

I walk outside into the pouring rain. I feel bad that I've been barely talking to Rose, but this pull towards her just keeps getting stronger. She's getting older every day, every mintute, every second. I don't how much longer I can deal with this.

I stand in the rain and I look around, all my pack members are inside. The last ones that were outside were Chase and a few pack fighters; and my young mate tripped them with string.

I laugh to myself and turn around to head back inside once my wolf is calm from being around Rose.

Once I am in Rose's scent surrounds me and my thoughts all clear. I look over to see her and Alexa still sitting on the couch with Damon getting after them for what they did.

Rose looks at me and my wolf goes crazy again, I quickly look away and head up the stairs to my room.

I close my room door behind me and take my clothes off, deciding to take a cold shower.

I close my eyes and start to imagine Rose with me in the shower — No. Stop Clay, she's only ten. I growl at myself and shake the thought away.

I shut the shower off and get out, wrapping myself in a towel. I walk out of my bathroom and over to my closet. I grab some sweatpants, put them on, and head back down stairs.

I go into the kitchen and sit at the counter while Lacey is making food.

"Alpha Clayton." Lacey says turning to me, "I've noticed you haven't been around Rose as much as you used too." She pauses, "Rose has noticed too, she just acts like she doesn't."

I sigh and look down at my hands. "Lacey, I don't know what to do anymore, everyday I start to feel more strongly for her."

She thinks for a moment before telling me,"Maybe you should try to stay away from her completely."

I look up at her. Is she crazy? Rose is my mate, I can't stay away from her.

"You know I can't do that."

"Just try one day, if you can't handle it you'll have to come up with a different plan."

I get up and head to my room.

I slam the door behind me and run my hands through my hair.

The sun shines through my window and I get out of bed. I walk down stairs and see Rose making breakfast. She turns and smiles at me, I ignore her and grab the jug of orange juice out of the fridge.

As I take a few drinks from it she looks at me and says, "I made you, my dad, and my mom scrambled eggs."

I don't say anything, I don't even look at her.

My wolf growls at me,
'What are you doing?'

'The only thing I can do.' I tell him.

I put the orange juice back in the fridge and turn around to see Rose standing in front of me holding a plate with food on it.

"You hungry?" She asks. "Not right now princess." I tell her before I push past her and walk out of the room.

I feel her sadness, god I don't think I can do this. I have to try though, otherwise my wolf could get out of hand and I don't want to harm her.