Chapter 40

Rosalind's POV

*four Days Later*

Clayton is desperate for Nicole to still be alive - he won't sleep, won't eat, he continues searching the woods for Nicole, he won't talk to me, he isn't taking care of his pack. These past few days I've been taking care of Clayton's alpha duties and taking care of the pack.

It pains me to see how this has all affected him.

"Rose," I hear my mom's voice say. I put down the letter I was reading about the largest pack in the world, the VanishedEdge Pack, inviting our pack to their son's Becoming Alpha Party next week.

"Yea?" I answer as she walks into the office. I lean back in Clayton's large chair and eat a bag of chips that I had on the desk.

My mom looks at me, "Rose you need to stop eating so much, it's not healthy."

"I haven't been eating to much." I argue back as she raises an eyebrow at me like any other mom does when they think they're right.

"Ever since.." She starts out, but pauses as we both think of Nicole's heart being ripped right out of her chest.

She sighs, "You can't eat the pain and stress away, darling."

I bite my lip as I think on it, am I over doing it on the eating? I look at the bag in my hands and set it back on top of the desk.

My mom walks over to me behind the desk before adding on, "I came to tell you that your dad wants to start your fight training session for today in half an hour."

Ever since what happened to Cole, my dad has been training me how to fight and control my wolf better so I can be a stronger Luna. Normally the best fighter would train others, but Hunter is currently busy being an Alpha to the SnowMoon pack and the best fighter from their pack just left this morning to join Clayton and I's pack.

"I still need to finish this paperwork though, maybe in an hour or so?" I tell my mom as I look over at the large stack of papers sitting on the left side of the desk. My mom nods and leaves the office as I start getting busy with the hell work.

"Finally, ready to start?" My dad says as I walk over to him and Ace.

"Sorry, I didn't think it would take three hours." I say sheepishly while I stand in front of the two.

I have to admit, I'm slightly nervous for today's training because yesterday I had to run 20 miles, the day before that I had to run my wolf for 6 hours straight without breaks, and so today we start the training that isn't based on speed or running.

I look at my dad and he says, "Punch me in the chest, I want to see your strength."

"Punch you?" I ask as Ace moves to the side of us so it's just my dad and I face to face.

My dad nods and says, "Just do it."

I shrug and make a fist with my hand before I punch him in the chest as hard as I can.
My dad breathes out loud quick from the hit before he walks away and grabs  few hand protectors and attaches them to his palms.

He stands back in front of me and says, "When I raise one of my hands, I want you to hit directly in the middle of my palm with your opposite hand. For example, I raise my left hand so you hit it with your right."

He then puts his left hand up and I make a fist before I hit his palm with my right hand. He drops his left hand and Ace comes to my side, adjusting my stance.

"The power comes from your core, so keep it tight."

I do as Ace says before my dad raises his right hand and I hit it with my left. This is so easy, I think to myself as we keep doing this for a minute.