Chapter 26

Rosalind's POV

I feel a ache in my chest as I lay in my bed.

The dumb ache is from that mate mark on my neck - I miss Clayton because I haven't talked to him for two days, since the night I waited for him so we could watch a movie together.

lately Clayton has been to busy for anything, he barely has slept any, he barely talks to me, and he barely comes out of his office. He pretty much locked himself in there.

He says he's busy with his Alpha Duties, but he's never been like this before about that stuff.

I know something is going on, and he won't tell me. It makes me mad, I am his mate, he should tell me everything.

I jump up as my door opens, I hope it is Clay, but instead my mom comes walking in.

She walks over to my bed as I sit back down.

"Hey sweetie." she says smiling.

"Hi." I say as I stare at my hands.

"What's wrong? You seem upset?"

"Nothing is wrong."

My mom sighs and sits down next to me, "Something going on between you and Alpha Clayton?"

I nod my head yes and look at her with an expressionless face.

"He's too busy for me. It's makes me mad but since I haven't talked to him for two days, this dumb mark just makes me feel sad about it."

"Rosalind, he's never too busy for you, trust me on that. You should go talk to him hun." She says as she kisses my forehead.

My mom then leaves my room and I get off my bed. I walk out of my room and to the meeting hall. At the end of the hall is his office doors.

Once I reach the doors I am just about to open them but some girl opens them and walks out before I even touch the doors.

She looks at me and bows her head slightly in submission since I am her Luna. I just glare at her before storming into Clay's office.

Clay looks at me and smiles, but that smile soon fades when I start yelling,

"This is what you're to busy with? Sleeping around with pack sluts!"
This dumb mark and my developing wolf hormones makes me so upset that tears start to fill my eyes, normally I would just be pissed but this time I am heartbroken.

He shakes his head no and I walk over to him before slapping my hand across his face. It didn't do much good since I don't have my wolf strength to hurt him bad enough.

With that I turn on my heel to walk out while a tear escapes my eye, but I then feel his hand grab my wrist and pull me back around to face him.

I try not to look directly at him so instead I look at the floor while he talks,

"I'm not sleeping around Rose."

"Then who was that girl?" I ask trying to get him to let go of me. He doesn't release me as he speaks, "That is my cousin Bella."

"Suuuure." I tell him as a tear escapes my eye.

He sighs, "I would never cheat on you."

Another tear escapes my eye and he wipes it away, this stupid mark makes me weak for his love.

"Bella was discussing the LycanRiver Pack with me, there was NOTHING going on between the two of us." He tells me.

"You never talk to me about any of that, and I am the Luna!" I pause, "Yet you have time to talk to everyone else!"

"Rose, I just don't want you getting hurt!"

I shake my head and look up at him, "You already fucking hurt me, you're the worst mate ever. I wish I had a better mate." Once I said that he let go of me and I turn to walk out the door.

When I am just about to leave I suddenly am pinned up against a wall with Clayton's hands on each side of my face.

He looks me dead in the eyes, "Know that when I said I loved you two nights ago, I meant it. No one loves you like I do. No one."

I open my mouth to answer him but he cuts me off,

"I wake up every morning and the first thing I want to do is see your face. When I touch you, I touch happiness. You're constantly on my mind; I always think and worry about you.  The thought of you loving someone who is not me makes me sick to my stomach and I will always protect you."

He pauses but then continues,"Rose, You're the air I breathe, without you I would be dead. You make my heart beat. I don't care if you don't love me, I will never be able to stop loving you."

With that he kisses me. I push him off me, "You can't just kiss me and expect everything to be fine."

He smiles slightly and lets me go from being pinned against the wall.

"Clayton, something is going on and I want to know what it is." I tell him. He runs a hand through his dark hair.

He then walks over to his desk and sits down behind it while I follow to the front of it.

"Rose, I'm not sure yet of what is going on, but, I know it involves rogues and other wolves that work for someone. The rogue that attacked you was not caught, he went to the LycanRiver Pack. Their Alpha Blake says no rogue has came near them. Also, that rogue was working with Chase and Chase's mate."

So someone is planning on attacking our pack, that's why Clay has been so busy. I can tell he is stressed and worried about it so I walk over to him behind his desk and kiss his cheek.

"Everything is going to be fine." I tell him with a slight smile. He looks at me and gives me a slight smile back.

I look down at his desk and see a calendar, today is September 12, which means my birthday is tomorrow! Holy shit I forgot when my own birthday is!

"Clay." I say as I stare at the calendar.

"Yea?"

"I'm going to shift tomorrow!" I tell him excitedly. I can't wait, every wolf dreams of when they can shift ever since they are little pups, and I'm shifting tomorrow!

Clay smiles a wide smile but doesn't say anything. I look at him, "Aren't you excited?" I ask him. He nods his head yes.

I roll my eyes at him and turn to walk out of his office, his voice stops me.

"Where are you going?"

"To my room?" I tell him as I turn around to face him.

"Your old room?" He asks as I shake my head yes.

He chuckles, "I sent your mom to tell you that you're the pack Luna, you don't sleep in a room on the floor level of all the other wolves. You're stuff is going to be all moved  to my room. You can sleep there from now on but if you don't want to you don't have to."

I get to sleep in the Alpha's room? That room is normally forbidden to any of the pack members, but I guess I am the Luna.

"Okay," I say pausing, "are you going to stay awake all night again?" I ask. He looks so tired from being sleep deprived.

"I can't sleep lately with what is going on with rogues."

"You need to get sleep Clay. Goodnight." I tell him as I turn back around to walk out.

"Goodnight Princess." he says before I leave his office and head to his room.