Chapter 31

Rosalind's POV

Clayton storms into the house followed by my father, Ace and a few back fighters and trackers.
I watch Clayton walk past me and head straight to his office.

I can feel his anger and worry fill my body as Nicole leans over and asks me, "What's with them?"

"I don't know." I answer as I start to walk to Clay's office.

When I get to his office, before opening the door, I can hear them talking - which is weird for me with my still new wolf hearing.

I sigh and open the door. They all look over at me and back at Clayton. Clay continues with what he was talking about.

He's letting me stick around for this meeting?

I feel somewhat proud as I walk over to Clayton and stand next to him.

"I want every single inch of this pack guarded at all times - you can take shifts to make it easier. I want to know who that man was talking to that made him do this, does that man have a mate? If so talk to his mate."

One of the fighters says, "I'll talk his mate, might be difficult since her mate killed himself, let's hope she hasn't done the same thing-"

I cut him off, "I'll talk to his mate. She'll most likely tell me because I am female like her, since she just recently lost her mate. She won't want to talk to males." I blurted out that, surprising myself and everyone else in the room.

My dad looks at me, "Rose, this is a very difficult task. Right now that girl could help us stop everything. I don't think you should talk to her, someone that she will be more frightened of should."

Before I can answer Clayton speaks for me, "Rose can handle this, she is the Luna after all. That woman will be frightened of a high ranking like Rose's."

My dad sighs, "Fine." I give my dad a reassuring smile and he smiles back at me.

"I want all of you trackers out tracking for ANY rogues or strange wolves." Clayton demands and the trackers all leave. I then turn to leave to find the guy they were just talking about' mate, but Clayton grabs my hand, I know it's him from the tingles that shot all the way up my arm.

I turn and face him as he kisses my cheek and whispers, "Be careful, she could try to kill you." I nod my head okay and kiss Clay on the lips fast before I leave the office.

I finally find the man's mate. I walk over to the red haired girl as she sits on a rock with her back facing the pack house, I then sit down on the grass next to her.

She doesn't look at me as she speaks, "Luna, my mate is dead." She sobs out.

My first instinct as her Luna was to wrap my arms around her, and so I did.

She cries and cries as she says, "H-he left me.." She chokes on the words as I feel sympathy for her.

She then moves out of my arms, "Why did he do it? He wouldn't do that for no reason! He loves me, at least I thought he did."

I think on that before I say, "He didn't do it for no reason?"

She nods her head, "I-I don't t-think he would, especially with a baby coming.."
"Alpha Clayton says he thinks your mate was put up to it by somebody." I pause. Effort asking curiously "You're pregnant?"
She looks at me with her green water filled eyes and wet cheeks.

"Who would want him to kill himself? And yes, I'm a few weeks pregnant." She says, I shake my head, "We don't know for sure who." I say as I don't know what to tell the sad, pregnant girl sitting in front of me.

"Do you know anything about what happened?" I ask her after awhile. She looks away from me back at the woods, "..if I did he would have never died and this wouldn't have happened.."

We then both sit in silence for a few minutes before she says slowly, "What do you do if you can't feel his love?" She pauses, and looks at me, "What if you know it's there, but you couldn't feel it to save your life?"

I think of Clayton as she says that, what if I couldn't feel his love? All my life I've felt his love as a friend, brother, crush, and now mate. Even when he was gone for 5 years, I could feel it by the thought of him being able to return, but what if he died? He wouldn't be able to return, and his love would suddenly be gone.

She then adds as she stands up, "Do you have any option other than to leave?" With that, she walks away into the house.

Leave? Wait, she is going to kill herself!

I jump up and run into the house after her but, when I get there I see her holding a knife in her chest as she bleeds and cries.

I quickly grab her as Emma comes into the kitchen, Emma gasps and helps me lay the red haired girl on the floor gently.

The red haired pregnant girl looks at me as I say, "You'll be okay."

She says softly, "I can't feel this knife in my chest. I don't feel much worse than I did before..." And soon she stops breathing.

I stand up and back away, only to back up into my dad. I turn and hug him as he whispers in my ear, "Everything will be okay darling.."

I sit on the bed in Clayton's room as I think of the words that girl said; what if I couldn't feel Clayton's love? How would that be for me? Would I do the same as that girl?

My thoughts get interrupted as Clayton walks into the room, he pauses and looks at me before he walks over to me and sits down on the bed.

He doesn't say anything as he wraps his arm around me and I lean on him. After sitting like that for about 5 minutes I asked,

"Will everything be okay?"

"I can't tell you everything is going to be okay if I don't believe it myself," he says as he looks at me with his chocolate eyes.

"But you'll be okay?" I ask, he nods his head yes before I kiss his lips.

What was a small kiss, turned into a full make out session and soon I was lifting his shirt off of him.

He grabbed my shirt by the bottom and lifted it over my head, causing us to break away for a second. He kisses down my neck and soon he reaches where my mate mark is. He bites it gently causing my whole body to feel weak.

He then continues his trail of kisses and goes down my collar bone, to my chest, and soon to my stomach. I grab his face and pull him up so his neck close to my lips as I kiss it gently before I bite down, marking him.

He smiles before I kiss his lips again.