Chapter 46

Rosalind's POV

"Clay, it wasn't just a dream. It means something, I know it does." I tell Clayton as we walk downstairs for breakfast.

"You sure? Everyone has a weird dream every now and then." He tells me.
"I'm sure! They mentioned something about a pack.." I say pausing as I remember the name of the pack that had the cruel Alpha. "It was the ViciousAsh Pack! Ever heard of that pack?"

When we enter the kitchen I see my mom, my dad, Alexa and her mate Aiden all sitting at the table eating waffles.

"Yea, had to learn a bunch of stuff about that pack at Alpha Training, but Alphas and Betas are the only ones that know about that pack." Clay says as he opens the fridge and pulls out a jug of orange juice.

Normally I would like orange juice, but right now it smells like the worst thing on earth. My dad looks at me, "What about the ViciousAsh pack?"

"I had a dream about it. Can you tell me anything about that pack?" I ask my dad. He may not be our pack beta anymore — but he knows about it.

My dad shakes his head, "All that I'm going to tell you is that the ViciousAsh Pack is no longer around because it was killed off by another pack — the GreyCrescent Pack."

The GreyCrescent Pack is our pack.

"We killed off a whole pack? Why?" Alexa asks curiously as I start to walk over to the counter that has a plate with waffles on it, but before I can get half way, Clayton turns me around and sets me down on a chair. He then grabs the plate before he puts it on the table for me.

"We were rival packs, have been ever since the GreyCrescent Pack and the ViciousAsh Pack were the first werewolf packs ever created by the moon goddess many thousands of years ago." Clayton says as he pours a glass of orange juice.

"Wait, our pack was one of the first ever created?" My mom asks giving my dad a look that says 'You never told me any of this.'

"That's all we can say. All Alphas and Betas are supposed to keep this a secret." My dad tells Alexa, my mom, and I.

Clayton then holds the cup of orange juice out for me but I shake my head slightly before I mind-link him, 'No juice, the smell bothers me today.' Clay shrugs and drinks it himself while I feel my mom's stare on me.

"You normally drink orange juice every morning, why not today?" She asks.
"Not in the mood for it." I tell her quickly. She raises an eyebrow at me before she shakes it off and she goes back to eating her waffle.

Clayton then picks me up off the chair before he sits down and sets me on his lap. We then all eat our breakfast peacefully until Clayton says, "Ace just mind-linked me. There is a wolf on our territory that he says isn't a rogue, but isn't part of a pack."

My dad then stands up and I move so Clay can stand, before the two of them walk out of  the house with me trailing behind.

We walk for awhile — it's not healthy for a pregnant wolf to form into her wolf form, that's why I fainted, so Clayton told my dad not to shift. My dad didn't get suspicious about it, he just did as told.
We soon see Ace, along with our best tracker Elliott, and a black female wolf.
Clay pushes past Ace and Elliott so he is in front of the wolf and he says, "Shift."

Ace then hands Clay some clothes and Clay throws it at the wolf. She goes behind a bush and shifts to human form. After a minute of waiting she comes back out from the bush and I can see that her hair is as white as the moon, her eyes are as black as the night, and her skin is as bright as the stars.

"Who are you." Clay asks/demands. She answers calmly instead of angry or frightened like other wolves would be, "Nice to meet you Alpha Clayton, I am Athena."

"What is your pack name?" My dad asks. She is odd, we can't sense if she is a rogue or part of a pack.

"I don't have a pack." She answers as she looks over at me. She smiles at I smile back. This girl seems as if she couldn't even hurt a fly.

"Then you are a rogue." Elliott growls. She shakes her head, "I am not a rogue."

"Then who are you." Clayton asks as if he is annoyed with her.

She doesn't answer and I walk over to her. "Hi-" she cuts me off, "You have grown a lot beautiful Rosalind."

Okay, she knows who I am and says that I have grown a lot, yet it doesn't creep me out.
"How do you know my name?" I ask her as Clayton growls and walks over to my side.

"It's a long story." She laughs slightly.
"Could you tell me the story at the pack house?" I ask. She raises an eyebrow, "At the GreyCrescent's Pack house? I don't think it's such a good idea with how well Alpha Clayton likes wolves he doesn't know."

I smile, "It's fine. Plus, we have breakfast, you hungry?"

She nods her head yes and I start walking with her following behind me.
I hear Clayton and the other guys growling slightly as we make our way to the house.

Clayton then mind-links me,

'Why would you let a wolf as strange as her into our home?'

'I don't know to be honest, she just reminds me of someone that i don't even think I have met yet.' I tell him. I'm not sure if that makes sense, but it's the truth. This girl — I feel as if I have met her before without actually ever meeting her.

When we got back to the pack house everyone stared at her. I could tell it made her feel uncomfortable; just like when Clayton marked me, everyone had their eyes on me.

I smile to myself when I remember I have his mark between my neck and collar bone. I am proud to call him mine.