Chapter 29

Clayton's POV

My wolf is on high alert, I'm not sleeping out here with Rose, even if I haven't got sleep for the past four nights.

I can't risk anyone hurting her. She is my life.

I look down at Rose as she sleeps, while my ears are alert and listening for anything. She truly is a beautiful wolf. Most say pure white wolves are the prettiest, they clearly never seen one like Rose's.

I hear rustling and I growl slightly as my eyes shoot up from Rose to the woods around us. I sniff the air, but I don't smell anyone.

I look back down at Rose when she snuggles closer to me.

God, I can't bare to think that someone would want to ever hurt her. That dumb message worries me, was it meant for Rose?

I growl at the thought and Rose moves slightly.

I shut up, so I don't wake her and lay my head down as I vert my eyes around to watch for any danger.

The sun starts to slowly rise in the sky as I get up and get a drink of water from the streams - I never spent a full night as a wolf and wow it was nice.

I then look at Rose's wolf as she sleeps soundly.

I walk over to her and nudge her face with my nose.
She growls quietly and ignores me. I chuckle in my head as I nudge her again and she growls before opening her eyes.

She looks at me before she gets up and stretches.

'What time is it?' She asks through mind-link.

'Around 6 I think.' I answer as I start to head back to the pack house. I leave the candles, blanket, and pillows; I can get them later.

She follows me as we walk through the woods.

'Did you sleep?' She asks, I look back at her.

'No.'

She rolls her wolf eyes at me, 'When we get back to the pack house I'm forcing you to at least take a nap. You haven't slept for the past four nights.'

'I'm not taking a nap Rose.'

'Yes you are.'

'No I'm not.' I argue back.

'Yes.' She says. I shake my head, 'No.'

'Yes.' She says growling at me.
'You can't make me, so no.'

'I'll make you take a nap, so yes.' She tells me.

I have a really stubborn mate.

When we finally reach the pack house, we each go to seperate spots to shift back to human form and we each get dressed.

We then head into the kitchen in the house to eat some breakfast. Rose follows behind me as we walk in. But there sitting at the kitchen table is Damon.

Damon keeps his cold gaze locked on me as I walk to the counter that has a plate of bacon on it.

Rose sits down at the table next to Damon and she looks at him confused.

"Why were you in the woods all night?" Damon finally asks Rose after a few minutes of silence. He doesn't look at her when he speaks, he keeps his hard eyes glued to me.

"I shifted with Clayton out there and went for a run." she says.

She looks at me with her big blue eyes. How did I get such a beautiful mate?

Damon clears his throat so Rose and I both look at him.

"You were running all night." He asks raising an eyebrow. Rose laughs slightly, "No, we fell asleep after awhile," She pauses and looks at me, "well, I fell asleep. Mr. I Dont Need Sleep here didn't."

I shrug as Rose looks at me.

Damon doesn't say anything else, he just stands up and kisses the top of Rose's head before walking out of the kitchen.

Rose looks at me, "What was that about?"

"Your dad hates the fact that I'm your mate."

"Ohhh." She laughs.
I walk over to to her and kiss her cheek, "I have to check on a few things real quick, I'll see you in a bit."

Before I can walk away Rose grabs me by my shirt and pulls my lips to hers. As our lips move in sync she wraps her arms around my neck, where she touched my skin I feel tingles.

Sounds like something a girl would say, but it's the truth.

We stop our little make out session when we hear Nicole speak, "Oh, get a room!"

Rose pulls away from me and smiles, "Hey Nicole."

I kiss Rose's cheek again before I walk out of the kitchen and leave my sister and my mate in there.

Every step I take further away from Rose I start to feel emty and lonely.

I walk into my office and sit down behind my desk before I start reading through papers.

Every word that I read led me back to Rose, keeping me from focussing.
Okay, this mate bond with Rose loving me as much as I love her is going to complicate things more than I thought.