Outside The Lines {17}

Start from the beginning

                But then the door opened and Dimitri came strutting in with Kim following him. I had to resist the urge to beat myself to death with my desk.

                “Thalia dear,” Dimitri said, coming over and dropping into the chair across from Thalia.

                “Hey Dimitri,” she said, smiling.

                “Unfortunately, I cannot grace you and Kimberly darling with my presence afterschool. Something has come up,” he said with a sigh.

                I saw the disappointment in Thalia’s eyes. “Oh. Alright,” she said, forcing herself to keep the smile.

                Alek, who had been watching them, turned her attention back to me. “Theo, do you want to come over and hang out afterschool?” she asked, blushing lightly.

                “I can’t. I have something else to do. I’m sorry,” I said, forcing myself not to look at Dimitri.

                Alek’s face fell, unlike Thalia, who had at least kept slight composition of her happy features. She nodded, dropping her gaze.

                “Oh…Okay,” she said.

                “Such a shame when your crush can’t hang out with you,” Dimitri said with his usual smirk.

                “No one likes you,” Alek said, her words dripping with hate. “Go away!”

                “Kimberly darling likes me,” he said, observing his nails and looking unfazed by his sister’s words. “Right Kimberly darling?”

                “Right!” Kimberly flashed him thumbs-up from her usual seat.

                “Why do you two hate Dimitri so much?” Thalia demanded, looking back and forth between me and Alek.

                “One of these things is not like the other,” Oliver sang awkwardly. “One of these things just doesn’t belong.”

                I shot him a look that announced I was going to kill him in his sleep. He smiled innocently and offered me a slight shrug.

                “I believe you hate me because I had sex with Zoey,” Dimitri said, pointing to Alek. “And you hate me because I’m more fabulous than you,” he said, pointing to me.

                 “That is NOT why I hate you. I hate you for other reasons,” I said, glaring at him.

                “I’ll fix that hate later,” he said, smirking at the thought of how much he was going to kiss me when we were away from people.

                “I hate you because you use people for sex and you’re an obnoxious freak,” Alek said flatly.

                “You’re beginning to sound like a broken record,” he said, laughing.

                “You, come with me. Before someone kills you,” Kim said, grabbing Dimitri’s hand and dragging him away from us.

                “You guys don’t have to be so mean to him. He’s really not a bad guy,” Thalia said, shooting me and Alek a dirty look.

                “Oh yea. He’s an angel,” Alek grumbled, sitting down.

                “You should stay away from him Thalia. He’s not good for you,” I said casually. But hey, this bitch needed to stay away from MY man.